Episode 141 – an underserved demographic
* This show was recorded while on a Gamer Adventures trip.
* Fear the Boot will soon be joining the Pulp Gamer network.
* Introducing Darren Lacoste, winner of Mayfair’s Catan tournament.
* Gamers as an underserved demographic.
* Expanding the appeal of gaming.
* Areas we’d like to see focus on the gaming demographic, and what we can do to help make that happen.
* A look at what’s coming up at Mayfair Games.
Hosts: Dan, Derek, Don, Larry, Kim
NOTE: While I was on this trip, I also guest hosted episodes on some other shows you might want to check out:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
March 31st, 2009 in Podcasts, Regular Episodes
Cool. Expect a pingback from a post at The Gamer Traveler tomorrow.
The rubber duck game is called duck duck Go!, published by Ape Games, (http://www.apegames.com/duck/duckduckgo.html).
The game’s designer, Kevin Nunn, is a resident of Houston and the board and card game coordinator for Houston’s annual OwlCon Game Convention (www.owlcon.com).
Thanks for the fine dining company Dan (and please say hi to Karla for us).
All the talk about games being featured in mainstream media reminded me of the fact that War on Terror was a (quite visible) background prop in The IT Crowd. They even played it in one of the episodes!
Listening to this in 2022. It really does seem like the mass media boost that Kim and others spoke about kind of happened with critical role and stranger things, and that boosted dnd at least for a while!
Still really tough to get dnd players to try games other than dnd though :D