Episode 612 – running the unknown
* (0:28) Running a game when someone else knows the setting a whole lot better than you do.
* (2:07) The lack of pronunciation guides in most games.
* (3:16) Narrowing down the task by asking what’s important about the setting to the players.
* (7:59) Getting the essence or feel of the setting right. We need a Thug Notes recap of BattleTech lore.
* (12:53) Start small and work outward, learning just what you need for each step along the way.
* (21:15) Tell your players you only know some canon and therefore will only use some canon.
* (24:01) Setting an ending to the canon so you can tell your own story. Breaking continuity early to get it over with.
* (28:35) Keeping a chunk of authentic setting. Otherwise, why run it at all?
* (33:56) Asking your setting experts to give you limited homework.
* (35:09) We look forward to seeing you at Fear the Con!
Hosts: Dan, Mary, Wayne
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS