Episode 607 – maybe a misunderstanding
* (0:28) The new fiction podcast, Bite Size Tales.
* (1:43) Dan re-reads the D&D 2nd Edition Dungeon Master’s Guide. Wayne watches Secrets of Blackmoor. The inspiration D&D’s creators drew from Strategos.
* (6:38) The rather disjointed rules of early RPGs.
* (8:23) The heavy crunch of early RPGs that might be as much unearned reputation as reality.
* (13:02) Why an early RPG may have needed to describe concepts that would be misinterpreted as immutable rules.
* (16:06) Narrative examples of play.
* (19:17) Separating old games from OSR games. Conveyed interpretation and social tradition.
* (27:07) The shortcuts around setting building, and how rules may have gotten caught up in those.
Hosts: Dan, Mary, Wayne
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS