Episode 585 – cutscenes
* (0:28) Brodeur starts off a game session with a cutscene, which becomes its own pun.
* (5:02) Other media as a metaphor for how you structure your storytelling.
* (6:50) Not withholding player agency for too long.
* (13:26) Having to roleplay with yourself.
* (16:11) Revealing information to the players.
* (22:31) Read the table and manage the length of these scenes. Letting the players have an emotional response to truths their characters don’t know.
* (28:58) Using cutscenes to set the tone for the game.
* (33:32) How cutscenes can lock you into a particular truth.
* (38:44) The value of scenes that lack obvious utility.
* (50:46) Short attempts and immediate feedback are your friends.
* (52:35) The added content on our Patreon.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Wayne