Episode 578 – action economy
* (0:30) Let the bodies hit the floor!
* (5:24) Defining the “action economy”. The video of three master fencers versus 50 random people can be found here.
* (14:57) Consider not using a lone enemy.
* (17:48) Using objectives instead of enemies.
* (27:37) The erosion of the Game Master’s enjoyment. The idea of “action equity”.
* (37:58) The value of a cooperative table, where the GM and players aren’t trying to one-up each other.
* (46:22) Setting the tone for your table.
Hosts: Brodeur, Chad, Dan, Wayne
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
September 23rd, 2021 in Podcasts, Regular Episodes
Did you mean to let a “cunt” slip into release around 2:46 ?
(not complaining, just it stood out on a normal release)
Whoops. Normally I would cut those. I’ll let this one slide, because there’s a quirk in the FCC-style check for profanities. If a word like that is used as an insult, it’s not a profanity. However, if it’s used to refer to biology, then it is a profanity.
“You’re being a dick,” isn’t profane.
“I grabbed his dick,” is profane.
I won’t pretend I can unravel why that’s true.
Does Brodeur realize that Lair stuff was in 4e?
Because it’s not a 5e invention…