Episode 571 – remote gaming post-mortem
* (0:28) And the cat came back…!
* (1:13) Fear the Con Online, June 25th – 27th. You can create and sign up for games on the website.
* (4:00) As we get close to gaming face-to-face again, we look back at over a year of online gaming.
* (5:43) It’s better than not gaming at all, and there’s no commute.
* (8:38) The self-consciousness that comes from being on camera.
* (16:19) No one has to host the game.
* (22:41) You’re not away from your nest.
* (26:26) Electronic resources are accessible from the same device you use for online gaming.
* (30:06) Better isolated side-talk.
* (33:04) You can game with people drawn from a deeper pool.
* (34:16) The frustration of technical difficulties and missed social cues.
* (39:25) Being home can make you a bit too accessible. The social flow of the game.
* (44:11) You don’t get out of the house.
* (52:48) The loss of tactile objects and environmental ambience, particularly when technology won’t come close to replacing them.
* (58:10) Being stuck to The Chair™.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Julia, Wayne