Bonus Episode 92 – the stories behind the fiction
* (0:22) Hating on Zoom, and welcoming Tex and Old Man Hussey.
* (1:48) Welcoming author and former Assistant BattleTech Line Developer Ben Rome, and other/new Tex from Tex Talks BattleTech (his recommended episodes for BattleTech veterans and the one for non-players).
* (6:21) BattleTech in the 80s, including the greatest piece of art it inspired.
* (11:05) Virtual World and early VR gaming.
* (21:45) If Virtual World drove the nature of Clan ‘Mechs, then what real-world events drove BattleTech’s story’s other inflection points?
* (29:45) Maintaining consistency and continuity in such a detailed setting.
* (34:53) Is there a freedom of story-writing that accompanies a fundamental shift in the physical products?
* (39:41) Attack of the tripods.
* (43:16) Handling inconsistencies in the previously-written canon.
* (48:45) Popularity and product runs.
* (53:09) The bashfulness of new Tex.
* (56:06) Real-world romances inspiring fictional ones.
Hosts: Ben, Chris, Dan, Tex (new), Tex (old)