Episode 496 – mind of a machine
* (1:00) Playing robots in a game, focusing on RP, not the stats.
* (4:44) Who built you, why, and with what philosophical presuppositions?
* (9:05) Some thought exercises to unpack a robot’s mind. The Theory of Mind.
* (14:27) Separating emotion, physiology, and mind. Emergent properties.
* (20:44) Anthropopathism and assuming mind where it doesn’t exist.
* (31:01) How the distinction plays out in an RPG.
* (44:06) Understanding the mind of the character you’re playing.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Wayne