Episode 466 – gamify your life
* (0:29) Dan was a guest on The Greatest Show. You can see the video here or grab an audio version here.
* (0:53) Dan was also a guest on the Connections radio show, talking about RPG culture. You can find that episode here. We hope you’ll listen to the whole thing, but if you just want to hear Dan’s part, that’s at about 38:40.
* (3:23) Fear the Boot now has a Discord server.
* (4:56) Using the same things that motivate us in an RPG to help us improve our lives. Bullet journals. The Bullet Journal RPG can be found here.
* (8:13) Breaking down large, daunting tasks. Making small tasks more rewarding.
* (16:20) Assigning value to a specific task.
* (21:25) Not all affirming things make good goals.
* (23:58) Creating accountability.
* (27:33) Milestone goals that allow you to take a break.
* (30:49) Other gamification tools: Habitica, Darebee, and Duolingo.
* (33:35) Using this approach to unlearn negative habits.
* (41:50) A bit more about The Greatest Show. Also, The Specter Show and PRO Chess League podcasts.
Hosts: Brodeur, Chad, Dan, DJ
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Anyone interested in gamifying your gaming life check out this https://www.nerdfitness.com/
I just signed up