Episode 453 – not expecting the expected
WARNING: The discussion in the early part of this show is rather crass. If you don’t want to hear that, skip to 7:08.
* (0:32) Why we’re on a second take.
* (3:35) Dan fixed the Patreon episode prices.
* (4:52) Brodeur goes off the ranch.
* (7:08) Maintaining the tension when the players know the outcome of a game plot. The streaming AP on our Twitch feed. Metal Gear Solid as a metaphor for our tabletop roleplaying game.
* (12:31) Serial fiction and pen names.
* (19:06) Taking these concepts back to a D&D game with known gives.
* (22:34) Who’s responsible for keeping up the tension?
* (27:39) Focusing on the facts the players don’t know and the choices they haven’t made. The importance of well-developed elements in the setting.
* (34:43) Not abusing known information in the meta-game. The players’ burden.
Hosts: Brodeur, Chad, Dan