Episode 436 – reluctant gamers
by Dan Repperger
* (0:27) Just Dan and Karla! Well, and the pets.
* (1:04) Big Bang Theory. The clip Dan mentioned (WARNING: Yelling and NSFW language.)
* (4:57) Celebrity gossip. The names Dan was looking for are Paul Blackthorne (Quentin Lance), Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen / Green Arrow), and John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn).
* (8:50) The increased representation of women in the gaming demographic, but the enduring presence of the reluctant gamers we’d like to bring into the hobby.
* (14:20) Karla’s first impression of gaming, and what got her to try it. Roleplaying as a spectator sport. Finite choices to avoid overwhelming someone with choice.
* (21:08) The difference between knowing what to do and how to do it. The value of familiarity with the source material. Assistance with character creation.
* (31:32) Recognizing personality traits that may make the potential gamer reluctant.
Hosts: Dan, Karla