Interview 40 – James McClure
* (0:35) Introducing James McClure of the Talking Tabletop podcast. You can find his two-part interview with Dan here and here, and his episodes with Chris here and here.
* (5:16) The Satanic Panic Kickstarter. The Dark Dungeons tract. A quick look at the game’s mechanic and the intended danger of being too successful.
* (11:10) The “four spoke” mechanic.
* (16:03) Why Jim chose to make a game about this particular topic. Steve Jackson Games got raided by the Secret Service and then got taken to court.
* (24:27) What’s in this book?
* (28:15) What Jim would like to contribute to the roleplaying hobby.
* (35:31) The Satanic Panic actual play recordings.
* (37:47) Why the book doesn’t include any real history of these events.
Hosts: Brodeur, Dan, Chris, Wayne
Guests: James McClure
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
The ONLY thing keeping me from backing this is the $25 price point for the .pdf. The game sounds amazing, no doubt, and I would love to run a game like this with my group. I suppose $25 seems steep for a digital version. Is that just me?
Could it be that much because it’s a complete system as opposed to a campaign setting or module? Just curious how many of you feel that to be a fair price.
I am a terrible human being but I just had to check the wiki edit thing and found that the mini oranges comment was on wikipedia for one minute before being removed. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Monte_Cook&type=revision&diff=493924725&oldid=493924550 )
Not that truth should get in the way of a good story :)