The Third XCOM Saga, part 17
March 14th, 2084…
- “We simply weren’t prepared for this kind of success,” Dan comments in an impromptu meeting with Tex and Ryan.
- There are 16 active soldiers on XCOM’s roster. Splitting them into four squads of four soldiers is suicide. So the Commander opts for another approach.
- The team will be divided into two squads of eight. One will hit a brown saucer while the other hits a purple. If the soldiers are able, they’ll then hit a second craft. If not, they’ll return to base.
- Back-to-back combats will be rough, but it’s better than sending in woefully undermanned breach squads.
- Dan will lead Hussey, Beth, Amanda, Jeremy, Karla, Krenzke, and John into the purple ship by the stadium.
- Tex will lead Kite, Ryan, Alex, Chad, Ray, DJ, and Mais into the brown ship by the freeway.
- With gear checked, the teams head out.