The Third XCOM Saga, part 17
March 14th, 2084…
- “We simply weren’t prepared for this kind of success,” Dan comments in an impromptu meeting with Tex and Ryan.
- There are 16 active soldiers on XCOM’s roster. Splitting them into four squads of four soldiers is suicide. So the Commander opts for another approach.
- The team will be divided into two squads of eight. One will hit a brown saucer while the other hits a purple. If the soldiers are able, they’ll then hit a second craft. If not, they’ll return to base.
- Back-to-back combats will be rough, but it’s better than sending in woefully undermanned breach squads.
- Dan will lead Hussey, Beth, Amanda, Jeremy, Karla, Krenzke, and John into the purple ship by the stadium.
- Tex will lead Kite, Ryan, Alex, Chad, Ray, DJ, and Mais into the brown ship by the freeway.
- With gear checked, the teams head out.
September 13th, 2014 in Blog Entries, The XCOM Saga
I enjoy reading these. I check back every once and a while to see if theres any to catch up on. Shame to see it’s slowed down considerably, but I assume you’ve just been busy or people (or you) lost drive. Completely understandable either way- still love fear the boot. But hey, x-com 2 is coming out, and it seems like a really cool story to get told in this format: rag tag resistance stories are always fun. hint hint wink wink haha.
At FtC 8 some of us did an RP interlude for the lead in to XCOM2. Absolutely fun. We took Dan off the rails within a couple of seconds into the game. In the end there is nothing like slugging a leader of the free world for conspiring with aliens.