Interview 34 – Steve Butts
* (0:40) If you’re playing Pathfinder Online and looking for a guild, Fear the Boot has aligned itself with Kabal. We also have an upcoming event with Goblinworks that will take place in-game. Keep your eye on the show for details, including how you can grab an alpha code to join us.
* (1:56) Introducing Steve Butts, the editor-in-chief of IGN. What YouTube and Flowers for Algernon have in common.
* (3:37) Steve’s resume as a gamer and industry professional.
* (5:43) Why tabletop gaming is important to the staff of a video-game-focused site. The relationship between TTGs and video games. (The game Dan referred to as The Legend of Quicksilver was actually The Legend of Blacksilver.)
* (12:51) Storytelling not keeping pace with other advances in video gaming. The graphic Dan referred to demonstrating diminishing returns in polygon count,
* (23:45) Whether tabletop roleplaying games are shifting their focus as well. The role of indie shops in both video games and roleplaying games.
* (33:18) How the video game and RPG industry still inform each other’s development.
* (48:55) Tips for people wanting to get into video game blogging and new media.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Julia, Pat
Guests: Steve Butts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Having the X-Com walls of text on another tab would be helpful. Hard to look through FtB Episodes.
I’ll have to see if there’s a good WordPress plugin for separating post categories by tab. In the meantime, the best workaround I can offer is the category links on the right.
I added a new tab to the top of the page (Podcasts). That tab will show just the podcast posts, while the Blog tab will show everything.
Thanks Dan, perfect!