Episode 304 – crowdfunding round table, part 1
* (0:36) Introducing our four guest hosts and setting up the show’s premise.
* (4:33) Welcoming Matt Forbeck. You can find his personal website here.
* (6:05) Welcoming Ryan Dancey, currently with Goblinworks.
* (7:05) Welcoming Tom Lommel, aka Bill Cavalier the Dungeon Bastard.
* (10:29) How is crowdfunding impacting the roleplaying hobby? The usefulness of sites like Kickstarter, not only as a funding tool, but also as a marketing tool.
* (15:03) The distinction between the major crowdfunding sites.
* (19:43) The value of crowdfunding in proving an idea has traction with consumers. Continuing to sell rewards after the original drive has ended, and the value of keeping certain rewards exclusive.
* (27:36) The crappy fulfillment surveys offered by Kickstarter.
* (28:55) Some stats on Kickstarter and what they say about crowdfunding. Why most projects will either fail early or make it all the way to success, while only a small number die in the middle. The bimodality of funds coming in. How successfully funding can cause cash to flow even faster.
* (45:57) Whether Matt’s campaigns looked any different, since they were more than just one-time events.
* (51:53) Kickstarter fatigue.
* (56:12) Projects that deliver extremely late or don’t deliver at all. You can find the CNN article here. How success — and stretch goals in particular — can actually sabotage a project’s delivery.
Hosts: Dan, Joanna, Matt, Ryan, Tom, Wayne