Raina’s Wings 2010: A big thanks to the RPG community!
As we mentioned on the show, the charity drive for March of Dimes was an incredible success. Our listeners were able to collect about $2,000 for the effort. My hat is off to everyone that donated. You guys demonstrated yet again that gamers are absolutely outstanding individuals. My hat is also off to Nick (aka Necronomitron), his wife, and similar couples everywhere for what they’re doing to make the world a better place.
I’d also like to take the time to highlight the RPG companies that sponsored this event with prize support. They’ve demonstrated their interest in supporting this cause, and I hope you’ll consider them when making your future RPG purchases. I will list them below in alphabetical order.
- Arc Dream – This publisher produces the critically-acclaimed roleplaying games Monsters and Other Childish Things, Wild Talents: Roleplaying in a World Gone Mad, and the classic World War II superhero game GODLIKE: Superhero Roleplaying in a World on Fire. They also work with Pagan Publishing to develop for the award-winning Delta Green game line and Cthulhu mythos magazine The Unspeakable Oath.
- Bards and Sages – RPG publisher, writing resource, and writing competition sponsor, Bards and Sages supported our efforts by donating copies of the exceptionally modular and flexible Karma Roleplaying System.
- Crafty Games – Crafty joined the fray by offering copies of the sleek, mix-and-max Fantasy Craft system for developing highly customized fantasy settings and campaigns.
- DriveThruRPG – Your one-stop-shop for RPG downloads for an incredible variety of games, DriveThruRPG was extremely supportive of the charity drive, fixing us up with products from many of the publishers listed here.
- Fat Dragon Games – Producers of great fantasy terrain and building models, Fat Dragon offered free copies of their DRAGONSHIRE: Deluxe Edition product featuring an easy-to-make collection of roads, bridges, and buildings to enhance your tabletop game.
- Pinnacle Entertainment – Publishers of the well-known Savage Worlds system, Pinnacle put up copies of their Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion, packed with hundreds of items, monsters, and spells to help you flesh out your savaged fantasy campaign.
- Polymancer Studios – Polymancer weighed in with subscriptions to Polymancer Magazine — an RPG resource packed with columns, articles, ready-to-play adventures, cartoons, and fiction — and the short fiction anthology magazine, Polygraff.
- Reality Blurs – Last but not at all least, Reality Blurs generously donated copies of their excellent Savage Worlds setting book for Cthulhu campaigns, Realms of Cthulhu.