What have you watched recently?

Seen any good movies or TV shows lately? Or anything so bad you just have to vent?
K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Re: What have you watched recently?

Postby K-Mech » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:26 am

Almost caught up on this hilarious little series (at Ep 18 of 20 published so far...)

John
Host

Postby John » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:48 pm

I just watched the look what they need to mimic a fraction of our power clip for the meme knowledge and wow J Jonah Jameson Superman is not nice.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:40 am

Free Guy is an amazing movie that is probably the movie that understands video games more than any other movie I can think of (possible exception of Wreck It Ralph [not the sequel]). It's an extremely fun movie. Laugh out loud very frequently. Very in tune with video game culture. I enjoyed watching the 'perspective' of the movie slowly shift from the regimented nature of the NPC's 'loops' to the chaos of the PC's randomness. (Also the PC's absolute banality.) I loved all the YouTubers in the movie (though I would have loved a fictional Game Theory video from MatPat on Guy's NPC status as well as a 'deep dive' into the Free City lore).

The movie's not 'quite' perfect. But this feels like the video game movie Ready Player One wanted to be.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:02 am

John wrote:I just watched the look what they need to mimic a fraction of our power clip for the meme knowledge and wow J Jonah Jameson Superman is not nice.

What self respecting super hero has a mustache.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Return to “Moving Pictures”