Bittersweet things go here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Bittersweet things go here

Postby tombombodil » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Chad wrote:
John wrote:
tombombodil wrote:Keith Curtis was talking to me about how his sales on Roll20 (and everyone's sales on Roll20) for icon packs and other stuff he's made are at an all time high.

I'm getting goblin sales notifications every couple of days. Most of the time since the months after its release it's been more like every couple of months.

Haha! My two jenga tower games... not so much. :)

:lol: :oops:
Have you found the yellow sign?

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Was able to set up an appointment for a AAA mechanic to show up and replace my car battery without needing to call. It sucks that the old battery went bad, but it was 5 years old and in a very hot underhood environment. And having the guy from AAA do it made it cheaper, easier, and with less ancillary hassle than buying a battery at Autozone and doing it myself.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

theGECK
'something' per Dan's request

Postby theGECK » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:52 am

In MN, the restaurants are allowed to be open right now as long as it's outside seating. I went to a restauraunt on a date for the first time in months. It started raining during the meal.
This space intentionally left filled.

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:17 am

McNutcase wrote:Was able to set up an appointment for a AAA mechanic to show up and replace my car battery without needing to call. It sucks that the old battery went bad, but it was 5 years old and in a very hot underhood environment. And having the guy from AAA do it made it cheaper, easier, and with less ancillary hassle than buying a battery at Autozone and doing it myself.

Advance is the closest place to my house, plus they do 15-25% off on online orders even if picked up in store, so that is who I go to. They will swap the battery right there in the lot for you. I still had to tell the guy how to do it, but it kept my hands clean. [Lol]

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:57 am

BottledViolence wrote:
McNutcase wrote:Was able to set up an appointment for a AAA mechanic to show up and replace my car battery without needing to call. It sucks that the old battery went bad, but it was 5 years old and in a very hot underhood environment. And having the guy from AAA do it made it cheaper, easier, and with less ancillary hassle than buying a battery at Autozone and doing it myself.

Advance is the closest place to my house, plus they do 15-25% off on online orders even if picked up in store, so that is who I go to. They will swap the battery right there in the lot for you. I still had to tell the guy how to do it, but it kept my hands clean. [Lol]

I changed my own battery once, what a giant pain in the ass. The mounts were on the side and I couldn't fit my ratchet down between the battery and some other parts to get to the nuts. I'm going to autozone or wherever anyway, I just let those guys do it now for free.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

theGECK wrote:In MN, the restaurants are allowed to be open right now as long as it's outside seating. I went to a restauraunt on a date for the first time in months. It started raining during the meal.

theGECK wrote:I got married! :love:

That must have been one amazing date. :D
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Schlock Mercenary, a webcomic that made it over twenty years without a single missed update, lazy artist day, guest strip, or other delaying tactic, has ended its run. It ended well, and I don't begrudge Howard Tayler (the artist) deciding to say "enough", but it's still kind of sad to have such a fixture of my life declared done. I wasn't out of my teens yet when I started reading it on a daily basis, and now I'm pushing 40. It's been amazing watching the art evolve, following the story (which was absolutely astonishing in its scope) and being part of the community that grew up around it.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm

McNutcase wrote:Schlock Mercenary, a webcomic that made it over twenty years without a single missed update, lazy artist day, guest strip, or other delaying tactic, has ended its run. It ended well, and I don't begrudge Howard Tayler (the artist) deciding to say "enough", but it's still kind of sad to have such a fixture of my life declared done. I wasn't out of my teens yet when I started reading it on a daily basis, and now I'm pushing 40. It's been amazing watching the art evolve, following the story (which was absolutely astonishing in its scope) and being part of the community that grew up around it.

Oh wow. I didn't realize that. I haven't ever read it, but I know of him from the Writing Excuses podcast.

Return to “General Discussion”