Ashen Shores (IC Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: Ashen Shores (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 am

Sterling thanks the women and he and Arienne return to the others.

"Well, it seems that this kind of drug use is illegal here, and the authorities have been trying to stop it. Sounds like it was a much bigger problem during the Hild occupation, but now is getting back under control."

"They didn't know where the users here get their drugs, or didn't want to say. They didn't seem to be too concerned by it and I got the impression the users aren't much of a problem except when they run out of money and take to stealing to pay for their drugs."

"Do any of you want to investigate further, or shall we carry on with our look around the countryside around here?"
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Devia shrugs. "I'm good to keep looking at the other sites. I've seen drugs before, not a big deal to me."

Arienne agrees. "Let's go see the last place before the sun sets. If you want to investigate the drugs, let's do it tomorrow." She smiles at Sterling.
Let's go do whatever was the last thing that Morlan thought was a bad idea.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:10 pm

"Er... okay, if you don't want to see anything else around here, I guess we can go and look at the other place today. I'll just go and let the innkeeper know we won't be needing the rooms tonight."

On the way past the Green Leaf Inn Sterling will look in and give their apologies to the innkeeper, then they can head back to the city and the next likely site.

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm

"Oh, we should stay here tonight," Arienne says. "Why can't we go see the other property and then stay here tonight? This island isn't that big, and it's still early. That way we can talk about all the options tonight here over dinner?" Arienne pleads.

Assuming that is all right, the group can head down a neighboring path down a different side of the mountain slope to hit the last place that they were looking at.

Is this OK? If you all have other ideas, let me know and I will retcon whatever we need.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:43 pm

"Whatever you want is just fine by me," says Sterling, giving her a kiss. "At least we know this is a nice place to spend the night. The other place might not be so good. Let's go take a look." :)

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 am

Your group heads down the hill by a secondary road to one of the other places previously scouted out. This one, a little more off the edge of town than Sterling remembered, on the north side, opens onto a glade by the edge of the forest. There is a small waterfall here with a nice pool. The inn, as Sterling remembered, was kind of ramshackle and needs a lot of love. The main building seems like it has some rot to it, and the roof is sagging a bit with a bit of repair needed. There's definitely a lot of potential here, particularly since it is closer to town and it is near a gorgeous place that could be easily turned into a money-making tourist resort for rich clientele from Torander's Bluff or Dual Towns, but it would definitely take a lot of work.

You enter the inn and a short old woman with frizzy grey hair meets you. "Hello there, travelers!" she says in a cheery tone. "Are you looking for a room for the night?"

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:43 am

Sterling hits his head on a low-sagging beam on the way in, showering himself with dust and bits of rotten wood. He dusts himself down while the innkeeper approaches.

"Er... just a round of drinks for now, please," he replies, smiling back. :)

When the drinks are provided, he asks:

"This area of town seems a little quiet and run-down, if you'll forgive my saying so. Is that because of the Hild occupation or is there some other cause? We've noticed other parts have recovered more quickly now the Hildeans are gone. It must be quite hard for you to run a business here these days, with so few people about. Are there any signs that things might be picking up again, or does it look like getting worse?"

If his obvious curiosity arouses any suspicion, he'll explain:

"We're thinking of settling here in the Isles, and we're looking for a place that would benefit from a bit of investment and development. That's why I'm asking about these kind of things. We have a lot to offer to the community that we join, but we don't want to waste our efforts on a lost cause." :eh:

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:25 pm

"Nuthin' wrong with this part of town," the innkeep replies. "We're a right nice establishment, and this is a prime location. If you're lookin' to buy, I'd be willing to part with this place for a mere 50 thousand gold. Probably worth twice that."

Devia shoots a look at Sterling like the old woman is out of her mind.

Sterling chokes on his watered down beer and Arienne tries not to laugh.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:49 am

Recovering from his momentary surprise, Sterling replies: :o

"Well, with property prices like that it's no surprise there's so little going on around here. We'll take a look around the area anyway, to see if any of your neighbours have... more realistic ambitions." :eh:

"My name is Sterling Blackthorn, by the way, this is my betrothed, Arienne, and our friends Devia of Golden Beach, Marlin Ramblemin and Korhithril Willowstream. Might we have your name?" :)

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 am

"If you're going to be that insulting of my inn and the neighborhood, you all can leave." The innkeep grabs all your drinks and shows you the door. Devia sweeps out the door immediately, waiting in the street for the rest of you.

Return to “Play By Post”