Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby mindtakerr » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Main, the opioids panic is a freaking nightmare for people with chronic pain (like my wife). I'm so sorry that stupid people have ruined it for everyone else, McNut.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:17 pm

mindtakerr wrote:Main, the opioids panic is a freaking nightmare for people with chronic pain (like my wife). I'm so sorry that stupid people have ruined it for everyone else, McNut.

In Kentucky, in 2017, 1170 people died of opiod related deaths - a rate of 27.9 deaths per 100,000 persons. That was about twice the national average.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:19 pm

mindtakerr wrote:Main, the opioids panic is a freaking nightmare for people with chronic pain (like my wife). I'm so sorry that stupid people have ruined it for everyone else, McNut.

There's also the growing body of evidence that opioids are not as effective as other pain relievers for chronic pain leaving aside risk of addiction.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Can we maybe back the fuck off of dehumanizing me? Thanks.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:14 pm

McNutcase wrote:Can we maybe back the fuck off of dehumanizing me? Thanks.

Sorry McNutcase. It wasn't an attack on you.

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Wait... McNutcase is human? I thought he was British? :wtf:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:49 pm

N00b13 wrote:

No, it was an attack on a group of people that happened to include me. That doesn't make it any better.

Keep your opinions about medically necessary pharmaceuticals to yourself, thanks.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:20 pm

McNutcase wrote:
N00b13 wrote:

No, it was an attack on a group of people that happened to include me. That doesn't make it any better.

Keep your opinions about medically necessary pharmaceuticals to yourself, thanks.

Again I'm sorry but no it wasn't an attack at all. For that matter it's not my opinion. I reported a growing trend in the journals that for various reasons opioids are more difficult to treat chronic pain with than non opioids.

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:23 pm

McNutcase wrote:
N00b13 wrote:

Silas, I get that you are in pain and feeling rather sensitive, but Noob has apologised to you for the offence he clearly didn't intend and now you are being a bit of a dick about it. Telling someone they aren't entitled to voice an opinion is overstepping the line. Take a breath and stop being the bad guy.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:40 am

Last Sunday, my grandfather on my mother's side passed away. There was an illness going around the retirement home and Pa just had too many simultaneous health complications to fight off the infection. Ma has made a recovery, but because she has Alzheimer's she doesn't even know that Pa is dead.

I was a pallbearer at Pa's funeral yesterday. He received military honors because he was a master sergeant in the U.S. Airforce and a veteran of the Korean War. There were a lot of Lion's Club members who attended, because Pa used to be an active member. To say that he was a good man is an understatement.

Unlike my dad who died last year, I had a very positive relationship with Pa. My mom was single and worked late hours when I was in elementary school, so Ma or Pa would pick me up after school. I practically lived at my grandparents house.

There's this dice game called Mississippi Marbles that Ma and Pa learned eons ago, and they taught it to their children, their grandchildren, and their great grandchildren. I tended to be tight-lipped around my grandparents about the fact that I played Dungeons and Dragons, but RPGs aside I think it's fair to say that rolling dice is in my blood. This activity connects multiple generations of my family, and will likely continue to do so for future generations. There's an unofficial element of the game for our family involving smack talk, claiming to have skill in a game of chance, accusing each other of cheating or conspiring, and other such ridiculousness. Of course, Pa was the best at that part. Years ago my sister gave Pa a Mississippi Marbles trophy, bestowing upon him the title "Mouth of the South."

Return to “General Discussion”