Free Games and Stuff

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Re: Free Games and Stuff

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:16 pm

farming simulator 19 is free on epic
-Casey

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:01 pm

Will I understand the story if I haven't played the first 18? :rimshot:
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 am

McNutcase wrote:Will I understand the story if I haven't played the first 18? :rimshot:

im not sure why a game like farming simulator needs yearly releases. do they just update the farmers rosters like madden?
-Casey

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:
McNutcase wrote:Will I understand the story if I haven't played the first 18? :rimshot:

im not sure why a game like farming simulator needs yearly releases. do they just update the farmers rosters like madden?

:agree:

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm

I have a co-worker who loves them. It's the new tractors, balers, harvesters, etc. that are the draw for the new year. You know all those fellas who are super into trains? Turns out there are guys super into farming equipment... Not my cuppa, but to each their own.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:31 pm

Ikoma wrote:I have a co-worker who loves them. It's the new tractors, balers, harvesters, etc. that are the draw for the new year. You know all those fellas who are super into trains? Turns out there are guys super into farming equipment... Not my cuppa, but to each their own.

Frankly, everything since the Massey Ferguson 135 has been a disappointment.

K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Postby K-Mech » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:

New Bankruptcy rules for this edition

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:17 pm

I once watched a recorded livestream in which a guy from New York was playing a farming sim. While I had not played that or any other farming simulator game, I HAVE actually driven a tractor in REAL LIFE on a number of occasions. I find that it's best for me to stick with Let's Plays of games I DON'T know how to play optimally (or at least not as well as the Let's Player), so I don't cringe or yell at the screen when the Let's Player does something wrong. Real life apparently still counts.

I kept saying things like: "Oh my gosh! It's a tractor, not a segway! You can't turn on a dime, you inexperienced Yankee! Turn to the opposite way, get some distance, THEN turn around! GAH!"

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Wihzerd wrote:I once watched a recorded livestream in which a guy from New York was playing a farming sim. While I had not played that or any other farming simulator game, I HAVE actually driven a tractor in REAL LIFE on a number of occasions. I find that it's best for me to stick with Let's Plays of games I DON'T know how to play optimally (or at least not as well as the Let's Player), so I don't cringe or yell at the screen when the Let's Player does something wrong. Real life apparently still counts.

I kept saying things like: "Oh my gosh! It's a tractor, not a segway! You can't turn on a dime, you inexperienced Yankee! Turn to the opposite way, get some distance, THEN turn around! GAH!"

On the other hand, I'll bet the sim doesn't include independent braking. You CAN spin a tractor around as long as anything hitched to it is able to move sideways, all you need to do is use one brake pedal instead of both.

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:56 pm

McNutcase wrote:
Wihzerd wrote:I once watched a recorded livestream in which a guy from New York was playing a farming sim. While I had not played that or any other farming simulator game, I HAVE actually driven a tractor in REAL LIFE on a number of occasions. I find that it's best for me to stick with Let's Plays of games I DON'T know how to play optimally (or at least not as well as the Let's Player), so I don't cringe or yell at the screen when the Let's Player does something wrong. Real life apparently still counts.

On the other hand, I'll bet the sim doesn't include independent braking. You CAN spin a tractor around as long as anything hitched to it is able to move sideways, all you need to do is use one brake pedal instead of both.

Not EVERY tractor, though. The one I drove certainly didn't have that capability. Though to be fair, it was (A) an extremely old tractor and (B) actually did not have functioning brakes at all. When your farm doesn't have any hills, I guess they aren't a priority to fix. Maybe it DID have have independent breaking back when my grandfather used it, but it certainly couldn't do that when my dad taught me how to drive it.

Something tells me that even if the game DID have independent braking, he still wouldn't have thought to pull the plow out of the dirt before turning. There were a number of things I was taught to do or not to do to ensure nice, straight lines on the field and NOT break the tractor in the process. But that livestreamer? I suspect he's never even had to mow grass once in his life, which made his tractor tragedy VERY painful to watch.

Return to “Video Games”