What's your current project?

Post your thoughts on books, short stories, comics, or any other form of written word.
ephealy
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

Re: What's your current project?

Postby ephealy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Leoff wrote:What's your current project...

Been working on an abstract board game, and helping someone else with their game design.

Haven't shared any of mine, yet, but you can get a glimpse at his in this video.
My name is Ed Healy, and I am the Gamerati

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:54 am

For the first week of Solo Gamer Appreciation Month, I did a horror game/story.

Part one is mainly world and character building, part two is where I pile on the gore and stuff.
The game system used was Maschine Zeit in conjunction with GameMaster's Apprentice Sci-fi deck.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wgGtLZV6L2lJt6J9ydXPLOnSrrzZQd-u/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ccwl6ZXZ84cIRJ67XDWKWl37Cvz-4L4t/view?usp=sharing

It's a little rough in spots and I'll probably work on an editing pass after November. Now working on the week two challenge, Barbarian Princess - combining Trollbabe with the mini game Barbarian Prince.
--
TAZ
Last edited by zircher on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knaight
Harbinger of the Coz

Postby Knaight » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:28 pm

I've been finishing up the first draft of Legacy, to move to playtesting and editing.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 am

The week two challenge for Solo Gamer Appreciation Month was The Hybrid Game. Combine a RPG with a board or a card game. Barbarian Prince + Trollbabe = Barbarian Princess. :twisted: (gotta have the horns)

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:51 am

I finished the first draft of Crow Queen over the holiday weekend. I immediately got started on Zack Jackson 5. Sometime in the next month, I want to write a short story for an anthology I heard about at Gen Con. The theme of the anthology is pretty limited, though (5 minutes at Hotel Stormcove), so I don't know if I'll be able to be inspired in time. 5 minutes isn't a lot of time to set a story.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:29 am

Week Three of SGAM was story seeds, roll three image dice and write up a short intro scene based on them. I did five or six of those and will include them with other entries for a PDF later this year.

Week Four of SGAM is a tool creation challenge. I'm writing It's Not My Fortune! A Fate Accelerated Edition swords and Sorcery quick start powered by tarot cards. :-)

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:33 am

Since I am getting no where on my next Zack Jackson novel, I decided to change gears and try my hand at a screenplay. If I had to elevator pitch it, I would say it's a period piece set in the 1980s mixing up MiB/RPID with Lovecraft and Hellboy with a sprinkling of Dresden Files.

"In a world where the Fae Realm is hidden under the illusion of Glamour, the Paranormal Investigations & Defense Services keep people safe from mischievous faeries, ravenous ghouls, and seductive vampires. But, when a cabal of Elder God-worshipping cultists use our own technology to open a portal into the Unknowable Desmesne, it is up to Agent Jackson Jericho to close the rift and defeat the Malefera intent on devouring our world."
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

Nifty! Sounds like a fun project.

I've been drifting a bit and did not focus on any one project. (Did knock out No GM's Sky - Uncharted Worlds.) Currently looking into Lua as a possible tool/solution for Table Top Simulator, Empty Epsilon, and a Limit Theory hack when the source code is released. Slowly working on a sci-fi RPG project, but it is still very early on.

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:45 pm

JediSoth wrote:Since I am getting no where on my next Zack Jackson novel, I decided to change gears and try my hand at a screenplay. If I had to elevator pitch it, I would say it's a period piece set in the 1980s mixing up MiB/RPID with Lovecraft and Hellboy with a sprinkling of Dresden Files.

"In a world where the Fae Realm is hidden under the illusion of Glamour, the Paranormal Investigations & Defense Services keep people safe from mischievous faeries, ravenous ghouls, and seductive vampires. But, when a cabal of Elder God-worshipping cultists use our own technology to open a portal into the Unknowable Desmesne, it is up to Agent Jackson Jericho to close the rift and defeat the Malefera intent on devouring our world."

Is there a special reason you always name them Jackson? :eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:50 am

Lord Foul wrote:Is there a special reason you always name them Jackson? :eh:

Not that I'm aware of. I've since gender-flipped Jackson Jericho. She's now Danica Dixon. (I like alliteration).
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Return to “Written Word”