L5R Game: putting out feelers

Fear the Con 2020
Garoath
BABUSHKA!

L5R Game: putting out feelers

Postby Garoath » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:39 am

Hi everyone,

I am so excited for Fear the Con! It is one place where I can scratch the itch to play games that my usual crew aren't that interested in. To that end, I've really wanted to run an L5R game using the (relatively) new 5th edition rules. There is a beginner box adventure that had a great learn-to-play scenario in it. I thought it would be fun to run through this and help people discover the rich setting and interesting gameplay mechanics of L5R.

I am worried however, that there might not be much interest in such a game. I feel like I could run a more advanced scenario of my own devising for more experienced players, but since my time to playtest such a scenario is limited I'm just a bit hesitant.

So, I was hoping to get some thoughts from the community. Would anyone be interested in a learn to play session, or are there existing L5R fans out there who would like to try something a bit different?

Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks,
Joel C.

Wayne
Host

Re: L5R Game: putting out feelers

Postby Wayne » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:18 pm

If it were in a slot I have free I would likely sign up for it. I have never played L5R and am curious. Fear the Con or any con is where I tend to try new systems first.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Garoath
BABUSHKA!

Re: L5R Game: putting out feelers

Postby Garoath » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Wayne wrote:If it were in a slot I have free I would likely sign up for it. I have never played L5R and am curious. Fear the Con or any con is where I tend to try new systems first.

I believe I will put it in Slot 1. From what I'm hearing it sounds like there are several people who are either new to L5R in general or simply new to the latest edition (which reset the timeline so for better or worse there is not 20+ years of backstory to memorize). So, I think I will move forward with the idea of a beginner friendly game. Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Fear the Con 2020”