Hi, I'm Alex

Stop by to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you.
Alex Sandoval
BABUSHKA!

Re: Hi, I'm Alex

Postby Alex Sandoval » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Leoff wrote:Oh, yeah. Making games night into a chore is a fun-killer. And the attention-span thing is a real challenge. It has to be fun in its own time, its own way, and the right genre for the kids as well as the adults. And then you do have something special.

Like I learned in church, I can't give my kids what I don't have myself. This why I love the podcast. Fear the Boot is such a help in me finding out what we were doing in my original gaming group, why we liked it, and how we grew and progressed in our gaming and as individuals. When we were kids we just did it. We never stopped to ask why we did it. As a child I was too foolish and self serving to undertake any real kind of self reflection to really know anything about who I was or why I was doing it. In uncovering the whys I can more effectively share with my kids what I really loved about what on the surface looks like just going over to a friends tiny smoke filled house, drawn to the musty basement, huddled around a fold out card table, by the light of a small basement window or dim hanging lamp meant for a garage, while drawing, rolling strange dice, imagining, number crunching, trying to out do each other first in character builds then later in our character concepts and goals while telling each other stories.
In suffering say "I'll change my actions so I don't ever bring that." :clap: Or say "life is suffering and I know who is to blame." :evil:

Johann
Host

Postby Johann » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 am

Another one that's good for little ones is "The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men". Your character sheet is literally a cookie, and your 'stats' are all decoration-based.

Alex Sandoval
BABUSHKA!

Postby Alex Sandoval » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Johann wrote:Another one that's good for little ones is "The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men". Your character sheet is literally a cookie, and your 'stats' are all decoration-based.

I love the game and tried to play it with the kids last year but between my regular duties and the Christmas season we were not able to play it even though I had a plot laid out for an adventure and the gingerbread dough made up and everything. I was bummed because I was all set and we even have cookie cutters that have gingerbread men doing martial arts moves. The cookie recipe was good though even if it sat in the fridge for a week.
In suffering say "I'll change my actions so I don't ever bring that." :clap: Or say "life is suffering and I know who is to blame." :evil:

Alex Sandoval
BABUSHKA!

Postby Alex Sandoval » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:56 pm

The wife has corrected me. Apparently the gingerbread dough was in the fridge for a month but it still made some good cookies. It was bitter sweet eating those good cookies and watching them disappear like hotcakes all the while knowing the opportunity I missed and the story I had lined up for my family to play through...

MinnieMickey
BABUSHKA!

Postby MinnieMickey » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:57 am

Hi, I am new here. My name is Monica and I am a stay at home mom. I have a 3 years old daughter and just recently I have started listening to the Fear The Boot podcasts and I find them very interesting.

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:50 am

Hi! Always good to hear from other gamer-moms. story games and the Society for Creative Anachronism were my best creative outlets while ours was small.
What's your usual type of game?

Return to “Introductions”