Announce Your Game!

Fire up the hype train! CHOO-CHOO!
Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Announce Your Game!

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:48 pm

If the brainstorming thread is for games that might be, let this be a thread for games that are! Not everyone on the forums checks conplanner regularly, so I figured a post like this might be a good thing!

I have so far posted one game.

TALL PINES: A GAME OF SURREAL MURDER

It falls somewhere in between Fiasco and Montsegur in terms of mechanics and plays into the mountain town surreal murder mystery genre, though I hesitate to call it a mystery game. Much like Fiasco there is no set truth about the setting ahead of time, and the truth is determined at the table.

http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView. ... 26&a=19498

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... playing-ga
avocationalacademics.wordpress.com
Dan wrote:John Wells will probably kill you

PsionicRanger
I am the story stick

Re: Announce Your Game!

Postby PsionicRanger » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 pm

My newest addition to the Fear the Con Roster 2018

My Little Pony: The Dread Stables of Horror

In the far reaches of Equestria, under a lost and lonely hill, lies the sinister Dread Stables of Horrors. This labyrinthine decrepit stable is filled with terrible traps, strange and ferocious monsters, undead geldings, rich and magical treasures, and somewhere within rests the evil Demi-Lich Mare.

The Dread Stables of Horrors is a MLP take on the DnD adventure S1: Tomb of Horrors. Players will take the role of one of the Ponies from MLP and journey deep into the old stables.

This game will be suitable for children 10+ with a parent at the table.

http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView. ... a=19504&n=
A Mindflayer is a terrible thing to waste.

Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Mikel » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:26 pm

If got my two end of the night games in: Unknown Armies in Slot 3 and Dogs in the Vineyard in Slot 6. Still figuring out what I want to run for the rest.

Unknown Armies is the coolest Urban Fantasy/horror game I've ever run.
Dogs in the Vineyard are holy cowboys going from town to town and finding out the troubles that have festered in them.

Edited to Add:
I've put in 2 heist games.

Leverage, the single best heist game I've ever seen.
Dusk City Outlaws, a fantasy heist game that has some very interesting and simple mechanics.
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

Mirage
Teller of gaming stories

Postby Mirage » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:31 pm

I will be running two games both set on the Battletech World of Tharkad. I wrote a fan fic novel and want to see how this opening battle would go with actual stats against the Commonwealth and Word of Blake. Everyone loves Battletech so I am simulating it at FTC11.

First Game is going to be an Aerospace game with actual Wet Naval Ships and Warships

Second Game is going to be a normal Mech beat em up on the icy streets of Tharkad City.

Bobicus
'something' per Dan's request

Postby Bobicus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:27 am

Triggerhappy938 wrote:TALL PINES: A GAME OF SURREAL MURDER

It falls somewhere in between Fiasco and Montsegur in terms of mechanics and plays into the mountain town surreal murder mystery genre, though I hesitate to call it a mystery game. Much like Fiasco there is no set truth about the setting ahead of time, and the truth is determined at the table.

Slot now open for this cool-looking game! (I won't be available for all of slot 1, so I dropped out.)
Devoted father, strategy gamer, and mechanical engineer.

Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Bobicus wrote:
Triggerhappy938 wrote:TALL PINES: A GAME OF SURREAL MURDER

Slot now open for this cool-looking game! (I won't be available for all of slot 1, so I dropped out.)

Apologies for that, the game I bought into through the kickstarter turned out to be in slot 4 and it left me double booked.

Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:45 am

Posted a second game.

SADIE KILLER AND THE SUSPECTS

Prepare yourself for a once in a lifetime event! All the way from Beach City, the first act to play the newly reopened Keystone Music Hall, Sadie Killer and the Suspects!

But all is not at it seems at the old music hall. Someone seems bent on stopping the show! Can our musically inclined teenage heroes uncover the mysteries of the old music hall before showtime?

This will be a QAGS (Quick-Ass Gaming System) game set in the setting of Steven Universe. Players will play as members of the band along with their manager, Mr. Universe. Alternate will play as a special guest character serving as a roadie. Knowledge of the source material and game setting are not required. The game will contain spoilers for the series up to the most current episodes.

Game will contain mild-moderate violence, similar to the source material.

http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView. ... 26&a=19520

jhosmer1
Killed by Johnny G

Postby jhosmer1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Torg Equestria!

Starlight Glimmer broke the world.

Now at least four different realities (The Crystal Empire, the Changeling Hive, the Nightmare Realm, and Core Equestria) strive become the prime reality, transforming swaths of Equestria and its inhabitants to its own reality.

Six ponies (Doc, Derpy, Octavia, DJ-PON3, Lyra, and Special Agent Sweetie Drops) who can travel the realms unchanged must find the Mane Six, return them to the Cutie Map in Ponyville, and somehow use the Magic of Friendship to recover Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer so they can put right what once went wrong

I'm adapting the new Torg Eternity RPG to ponies and drawing heavily on The Cutie Re-Mark episode.

It's in Slot 5

constructacon
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby constructacon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 am

Escape: a Star Wars Story
Rules Set: FFG's Star Wars Narrative Dice System

Note: this will be my first time running a game at a con

The long war the republic has had with the Sith empire has stalled long enough for both sides to come to the table for peace talks. however the Sith have one last surprise for the beleaguered republic. a massive fleet has appeared over Couruscant, the sacking of the city has begun. as the battle in space heats up the ground assault begins. one of there targets is the Jedi temple, a location you just so happen to be at. can you escape, can you get those who are unable to defend themselves to safety, or will this be your last stand? join me for a cinematic game where we see just what the will of the force has in store for our players.

this game will feature PC's from all three of FFG's game lines. players need no experience with the narrative dice system to play. i have been running and teaching other how to play this system off and on since the beta came out 6 years ago. hope to see you in a galaxy far far away.

DJZachLorton
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby DJZachLorton » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm running 3 games this year. I MIGHT run an after-hours Fiasco game on Saturday night if people are interested (I have a wedding reception that day), so I'll probably throw that into the mix soon.

SLOT 1
IT WAS A MUTUAL DECISION

Featured on an episode of the One Shot Podcast, It Was a Mutual Decision is about 2 people in a relationship that is about to end, and how they deal with it. It's about love, loss, and rat stuff.

Mitigate the awkwardness and pain of a breakup by creating a place for rats to infest the story, either figuratively, literally, or supernaturally. You'll never end a relationship the same way again.

A group of men play the woman in the relationship, and a group of women play the man. The game is a three-act structured, freeform storytelling game that's perfect for comedians, improvisors, and storytellers. Everyone will help create and destroy the relationship at the center of the game, so make no mistake -- this relationship WILL end.
Adult themes. No children under 18.

SLOT 2
ROASTERS!

Just because you work with coffee doesn't mean you're not able to fight the forces of evil.
You play baristas and roasters who work at a coffeehouse and coffee roasting business. While not satisfying customers, spelling people's names incorrectly on their cups, and creating works of art in their latte foam, you're fighting off entities of evil. And bad things. And finding viable alternatives to decaf.

Player stats are based on coffee characteristics such as Body, Acidity, Taste, Flavor, etc. A real-time Roast Development mechanic allows some stats to vary throughout the game. The rolling mechanic . . . is coffee beans.
Exceptional success rolls give you bonuses from the Caffeine Die.

SLOT 3
THE RING OF POWER MAIN EVENT

The professional wrestling world has never seen anything quite like this.
The St. Louis Amateur Wrestling circuit (SLAW) had fallen on hard times, like everybody. The boom lasted for decades, from the black-and-white cinema era of the 1940s through the early part of the 21st century.

Then came the Global Beat-down.
The stock market tanked. Panic filled the streets. Global martial law was declared, but quickly overturned by rioters, anarchists, and a few guests from the fantasy underworld. Okay, they weren't so much 'guests' as they were our 'new overlords' ready to 'enslave all humanity' under their 'oppressive fist of pain'. Or something like that.

That's when the stables of SLAW found their chance. They knew the only place they could hope to take humanity back from the clutches of their new bloodthirsty demigods . . . was in the ring.
Quint RPG System (my creation).
D6, pre-gen characters, the chance to improvise and pull off massive feats and stunts.

Come get some

Less than 24 hours after I posted my Slot 3 game, 3 people have already jumped in.
Last edited by DJZachLorton on Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJZachLorton
#1 Ranked Mobile DJ/MC
in St. Louis and surrounding areas
http://www.facebook.com/zach.lorton
http://livingonthebackburner.blogspot.com

Return to “Fear the Con 2018”