SoG Ep 17 - Holy Bawls!

The ongoing adventures of the crew of Miss Lily's Vine.
whdr02
Teller of gaming stories

SoG Ep 17 - Holy Bawls!

Postby whdr02 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:59 am

Great game! I love listening to this to get my gaming fix. Can you help me understand how Lee got masked again? Is it just because there "is no law" down there? I'm not sure I understand the context well enough and how does that mess with his place in the game? Does he have to stay in STL?
Reading-Radio Parent/child book club podcast.
Raising two geek girls.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: SoG Ep 17 - Holy Bawls!

Postby clintmemo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:22 am

whdr02 wrote:Great game! I love listening to this to get my gaming fix. Can you help me understand how Lee got masked again?

I interpreted that as the overseer recognizing that Lee did a bunch of things that he had no legal authority to do and instead of arresting Lee he masked him to make his actions legal retroactively.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 am

Yeah, Lee started bossing the Overseer's people around like he was in charge and while that was presumptions at best and law breaking at worst the really bad thing was the people listened to him and did what he said. That completely undermined the Overseer's authority which is bad normally but a critical problem in a time of crisis. If anyone is angling for his position they could have used this to unseat him or used Lee to run a palace coup.

To be honest, the Overseer would be a fool to let Lee live once he was done with him.

<EDIT>
As of right now Lee is a technically a Mask of the Overseer who has been officially sent on a mission outside of STL and was "officially carrying out the will of the Overseer" by organizing the hunt for Leopard and pulling in the resources needed to disarm the incoming missile.

Is he a Mask once he is out of sight of STL? Well, he'd be smart of take that skull off of his face once they are clear...

Do Masks have to stay in STL? No, they go out on missions, there was a Mask with Duchess on her boat when it intercepted The Vine. They tend to keep them in STL since they are intellectual and technical experts and not commandos or spies. Their value to their houses and the amount of investment in them means they need to be kept safe, easy to do in STL but not so much outside of their gilded cages.

whdr02
Teller of gaming stories

Postby whdr02 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Chad wrote:Yeah, Lee started bossing the Overseer's people around like he was in charge and while that was presumptions at best and law breaking at worst the really bad thing was the people listened to him and did what he said. That completely undermined the Overseer's authority which is bad normally but a critical problem in a time of crisis. If anyone is angling for his position they could have used this to unseat him or used Lee to run a palace coup.

To be honest, the Overseer would be a fool to let Lee live once he was done with him.

<EDIT>
As of right now Lee is a technically a Mask of the Overseer who has been officially sent on a mission outside of STL and was "officially carrying out the will of the Overseer" by organizing the hunt for Leopard and pulling in the resources needed to disarm the incoming missile.

Is he a Mask once he is out of sight of STL? Well, he'd be smart of take that skull off of his face once they are clear...

Do Masks have to stay in STL? No, they go out on missions, there was a Mask with Duchess on her boat when it intercepted The Vine. They tend to keep them in STL since they are intellectual and technical experts and not commandos or spies. Their value to their houses and the amount of investment in them means they need to be kept safe, easy to do in STL but not so much outside of their gilded cages.

Thanks for the clarification. What a good ending!
Reading-Radio Parent/child book club podcast.
Raising two geek girls.

Return to “Skies of Glass - Miss Lily's Vine”