SoG map

The ongoing adventures of the crew of Miss Lily's Vine.
Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

SoG map

Postby Young_0ne2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:56 pm

as i have been bored at work, and it counts as work for me to use Photoshop, I threw together a quick map to show a somewhat post apocalyptic map for the game. It only covers to Washington atm, but i figured it would be better to start small and move from here. I'm still new to Photoshop so it's not as "post apocalyptic" as I would like so its a work in progress.

What are your thoughts?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dqH ... WhkcUZUcTA

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: SoG map

Postby clintmemo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:41 pm

:thumbup:
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Gyro LC
Fear the Con Backer

Postby Gyro LC » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Young_0ne2 wrote:as i have been bored at work, and it counts as work for me to use Photoshop, I threw together a quick map to show a somewhat post apocalyptic map for the game. It only covers to Washington atm, but i figured it would be better to start small and move from here. I'm still new to Photoshop so it's not as "post apocalyptic" as I would like so its a work in progress.

What are your thoughts?

I like it. The red text is kinda hard to read. Can you add an inset for the greater STL area?
Hungry freaks, daddy!
Do you like dice? I make dice!

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:51 pm

I like it. The red text is kinda hard to read. Can you add an inset for the greater STL area?

I agree with you on the Text. Got to poke at it a bit, and yes the GSTL area was my next goal

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:26 pm

That's really cool! Thanks! :thumbup:

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:41 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dqH ... FRLUkxVY2c

That's really cool! Thanks! :thumbup:

Thanks Chad. The link above is where i ended up working on St. Louis.

Fridrik
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fridrik » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:40 am

Young_0ne2 wrote:as i have been bored at work, and it counts as work for me to use Photoshop, I threw together a quick map to show a somewhat post apocalyptic map for the game. It only covers to Washington atm, but i figured it would be better to start small and move from here. I'm still new to Photoshop so it's not as "post apocalyptic" as I would like so its a work in progress.

What are your thoughts?

Some thoughts.
It needs a north arrow, specially as up is not high north
It needs a scale bar

You need to halo the lettering. Specially when using it on top of an aerial image with multiple colours under it.
You might have wanted to turn on the elevation on Google earth to give you a false 3D in the image.
You might have wanted to make the base image gray-scale so that it's cheaper to print and makes the highlighted areas stand out more.
You might want to photoshop "Google Earth" out of the map.

EDIT: Feel free to ask about about map making if you want. I make them for a living.

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 am

Some thoughts.
It needs a scale bar

You need to halo the lettering. Specially when using it on top of an aerial image with multiple colours under it.
You might have wanted to turn on the elevation on Google earth to give you a false 3D in the image.
You might have wanted to make the base image gray-scale so that it's cheaper to print and makes the highlighted areas stand out more.

EDIT: Feel free to ask about about map making if you want. I make them for a living.

Thanks for the feedback. When I'm mapping i usually hit these things but using Photoshop (an old version at that) theirs a lot of things i just dont know yet. BUT, i'm a keep at it!

Also, what are some maps you've done? You've peaked my interest now.

Fridrik
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fridrik » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:38 am

Young_0ne2 wrote:
Some thoughts.
It needs a scale bar

Thanks for the feedback. When I'm mapping i usually hit these things but using Photoshop (an old version at that) theirs a lot of things i just dont know yet. BUT, i'm a keep at it!

Also, what are some maps you've done? You've peaked my interest now.

Mostly planing related stuff. Like this

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:41 am

:lol: oh dear god.

i work in an engineering firm. i have to use maps like that all the time when working on site plans.

its a small world?

Return to “Skies of Glass - Miss Lily's Vine”