SoG AP Episode 0001

The ongoing adventures of the crew of Miss Lily's Vine.
Chad
Host

Re: SoG AP Episode 0001

Postby Chad » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:39 am

ScoobyThulu wrote:Post-apocalyptic RPG about river trade and wine making, it's like a reality TV show fusion of The Deadliest Catch as seen on Food Network.
:rimshot:
THAT should be the tagline for the show.
Just saying.

Wait until you listen to the one we recorded last night, we can add musical to that tagline. ;)

Eric Ausley
BABUSHKA!

Postby Eric Ausley » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Chad wrote:
ScoobyThulu wrote:Post-apocalyptic RPG about river trade and wine making, it's like a reality TV show fusion of The Deadliest Catch as seen on Food Network.
:rimshot:
THAT should be the tagline for the show.
Just saying.

Wait until you listen to the one we recorded last night, we can add musical to that tagline. ;)

No Tony awards for us, that's fo-sho.
When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 am

Finally getting around to listening to this, so far I am super excited to see how SoG has evolved mechanically. On a side note, I'd pay real american dollars for a PDF of the new rules set with setting information.
avocationalacademics.wordpress.com
Dan wrote:John Wells will probably kill you

Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:45 am

The SCAdian in me is thinking "I'd totally rock some pickle barrel lamelar"

avocationalacademics.wordpress.com
Dan wrote:John Wells will probably kill you

whdr02
Teller of gaming stories

Postby whdr02 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:39 am

So are we posting different threads for each show or is this now the thread for the whole AP?

I just finished ep5 and I am really loving it. My girls are 9 and 11 and I want to train them to RP with character interaction, unlike my background which is more traditional DND hack and slash.
Reading-Radio Parent/child book club podcast.
Raising two geek girls.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

whdr02 wrote:So are we posting different threads for each show or is this now the thread for the whole AP?

I just finished ep5 and I am really loving it. My girls are 9 and 11 and I want to train them to RP with character interaction, unlike my background which is more traditional DND hack and slash.

I've been planning to make an AP section but haven't gotten around to it. Now that these things are being pushed to the aggregators I should really get on that.

Keep posting in this thread for SoG AP 00001, I'll just move it when I get the new section set up.

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 pm

whdr02 wrote:My girls are 9 and 11 and I want to train them to RP with character interaction, unlike my background which is more traditional DND hack and slash.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. We're now five play sessions in, and apart from slap-fight level stuff, there's only been one moment of violence that directly involved the PCs. In other words, one fight in 15 - 20 hours of play. It felt so counter-intuitive when I put numbers to it.

While I suppose most of our games have more violence than that, it's not atypical of our play style to have long periods of RP, sans any bloodshed.
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Dan wrote:
whdr02 wrote:My girls are 9 and 11 and I want to train them to RP with character interaction, unlike my background which is more traditional DND hack and slash.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. We're now five play sessions in, and apart from slap-fight level stuff, there's only been one moment of violence that directly involved the PCs. In other words, one fight in 15 - 20 hours of play. It felt so counter-intuitive when I put numbers to it.

While I suppose most of our games have more violence than that, it's not atypical of our play style to have long periods of RP, sans any bloodshed.

Yeah it is pretty common and especially common in Skies of Glass games. I do like more combat in Superhero or Fantasy games.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

whdr02
Teller of gaming stories

Postby whdr02 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Chad wrote:
whdr02 wrote:So are we posting different threads for each show or is this now the thread for the whole AP?

I've been planning to make an AP section but haven't gotten around to it. Now that these things are being pushed to the aggregators I should really get on that.

Keep posting in this thread for SoG AP 00001, I'll just move it when I get the new section set up.

Geez, I couldn't find this thread since you moved it. I like having the new section though.
Raising two geek girls.

whdr02
Teller of gaming stories

Postby whdr02 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm

I just finished the last episode and I HATE YOU!! I don't like waiting.
Raising two geek girls.

Return to “Skies of Glass - Miss Lily's Vine”