General Tenno Chat

Flip out and go crazy with hosts and fellow Booters in FtB's Warframe Clan, Fear the Ninja.
Chad
Host

General Tenno Chat

Postby Chad » Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 am

Welcome to Fear the Ninja - Yet another in Fear the Boot's long line of 'Fear the' projects.

We started this clan in Warframe (WF) on May 15, 2013. The game was in beta back then and really wasn't quite there but the concept was good. Over a few months in 2013 most of the Booters and hosts drifted away from WF onto other things. We had a good sized and active clan that dwindled down to just a couple of die hard players who loved WF and continued to play.

Since 2013 Fear the Ninja soldiered on and so did the game. A large amount of improvements came out over the course of 3 years. The combat systems received major overhauls, story missions and lore were added, equipment and abilities were loaded up on as well. All the while the small handful of WF Booter faithful kept the clan home fires burning. Improving the clan dojo as well as keeping on top of the clan research which, as of this posting, is almost fully up to date.

When I left the game I handed over clan leadership to zircher (Zionblade in WF) and he kept things together. I told him to kick me out of the clan but since he's such a nice guy he didn't. Since I'm back now both zircher and I are co-Warlords but really zircher is in charge. He's way better at the game than I am and he's the one who did all the work for the part several years. For my part I'm going to be doing some recruitment type stuff.

Which brings me here...

Fear the Ninja is back (it never left) and if you'd like to join us just make a post in this thread with your in game name and we will add you to the clan. We don't have strict rules or crazy clan taxes or play time requirements.

So please join us, the game is free and we have a pool of very active and extremely helpful clan members. We play on the PC and the game can be downloaded via Steam. If you would like to join us or have any questions just post in this thread.

If you already play WF but are a member of another clan then post here as well and we will friend you in game. We have booters (well one of them anyway) who is a member of another clan and we run with him all the time.

How to get started:

https://warframe.com/quick-start-guide

Not sure what to do next in game? Check this post out:

http://www.feartheboot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=759278#p759278

Mega Warframe FAQ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/wiki/faq

Enough of us are playing now that I think it should get it's own thread.

So I'm hating the Snipetron (clip is to small, reload time is to long).

I LOVE the Burston, fits my style perfectly.

I was planning on doing this sniper/Volt build but now that sniping is off the table for me I have no idea what frame I'm wanting.

What Warframes are you guys looking at?

Also, this game wins the award for lamest equipment names.

VaMinion
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Re: Warframe

Postby VaMinion » Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 am

My main loadouts right now:

Snipetron+Bronco on a Nyx: I'm a monster with the snipetron, the bronco is good for close in defense, and the Nyx is just stupidly OP. We're surrounded by goons? Chaos. We're defending a point? Chaos. One moa looks really adorable? Mind control. It only does one thing but it does it really well.

Gorgon+Lex on a Frost: I figured I'd give a frost a try after reading a bit. I'm not so sold on freeze and ice wave, but Snow Globe is easily one of the most useful powers out there. Also freezing things and watching them shatter is flashy as hell. :lol: I'm definitely more into melee with my frost, but the Gorgon is absolutely stupid when I need to send many bullets to the bad guys.

Either way I'm using the Dual Zoren as my melee weapon of choice. Not much to say about it, I got it because it was nifty.
Cursing is like a spice. And sometimes you're making thai.

Zanian0
King of the Universe (and Star Trek failure)

Postby Zanian0 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:40 am

Did theaccount level 2 test last night. It was easy enough with a Lex that had fire, electric, and AP mods on it. The buzzsaw Grineer went down in one shot. Two shots for the regular soldiers. Really loving that pistol. Just needs more reload speed. (It is just a "kill everything in the wave" mission, Chad. Ignore the special mission objective that pops up and just kill everything before the time limit ends. The soldiers will be pricks and try to hide from you.)

Need to find a Braton replacement, but nothing is really sticking out in that regard. I really love the way the Braton functions, but want something with some more damage to it.

Some friends took me to grind Jackal a few times last night. Found the blueprint for the Rhino chassis. Planning on using that as my first non-Excalibur frame.
"Something something something, Canada..."

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 am

I have the Volt Helment plans and Volt is really nice. I'm going to have to watch all of the Crash Course Warframe videos. Those give a really good over view of each frame's abilities, strengths, and weaknesses while being fairly amusing.

Zanian0
King of the Universe (and Star Trek failure)

Postby Zanian0 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 am

Chad wrote:I have the Volt Helment plans and Volt is really nice. I'm going to have to watch all of the Crash Course Warframe videos. Those give a really good over view of each frame's abilities, strengths, and weaknesses while being fairly amusing.

Can you link to those?
"Something something something, Canada..."

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue May 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Also, this video answers a lot of questions.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Zanian0 wrote:
Chad wrote:I have the Volt Helment plans and Volt is really nice. I'm going to have to watch all of the Crash Course Warframe videos. Those give a really good over view of each frame's abilities, strengths, and weaknesses while being fairly amusing.

Can you link to those?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNLhVp ... O_NGEu1isL

VaMinion
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby VaMinion » Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Those videos are fantastic.
Cursing is like a spice. And sometimes you're making thai.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Looking at it I think I'm going to go for Banshee. It has a little bit of everything and in my play I like utility and this one gives me several options. Knock back, AOE, team support, even a weird stealth thing.

Aaron Stack
The TOFtBCH Trigger

Postby Aaron Stack » Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm

I definitely made the right decision to switch to the Loki from the Mag. Mag has amazing shields, but the abilities just aren't for me. Stealth, diversion, and quite frankly unfair running speed are what make Loki my favorite. One day I want the Saryn frame just because it looks badass, but I won't grind for it.

Once I get leveled up again and find some ammo increases on pistols, I'll be happy as a clam. Dual pistols - even the basic ones, the Aklato - are pretty ace, and once I can afford to upgrade to Afuris I will be ripping everything up. If anyone's tried the Latron, let me know, because as ideal as it looks, I don't want to spend 50k on a gun that sucks - it looks from the outside to be a perfect complement to the Aklato/Afuris, since Latron's all accuracy and range and the dual pistols are all DPS.
Triggerhappy938 wrote:You must be careful, Aaron's is the d4 that will pierce the heavens!

Chronicles of Spire: Rebellion - Now on Smashwords and CreateSpace!

Return to “Fear the Ninja - Warframe Clan”