Happy Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby N00b13 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am

Youtube will behave if you whack it on the nose with the not interested/don't recommend the channel newspaper enough.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:47 pm

N00b13 wrote:Youtube will behave if you whack it on the nose with the not interested/don't recommend the channel newspaper enough.

and make sure to NEVER accidentally click on one of the vids :evil:
Have you found the yellow sign?

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 am

I literally bought a new monitor with money from my piggy bank.

My 2nd monitor had been frizzing out and I use that not only for gaming but also school work so I had to invest in a new one. The one I got was a significant upgrade on size and it uses less power. In general I'm happy with it. And as I said I payed for it with coins from my piggy bank plus some saved up amazon rewards gift cards.

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Sorting through my old second hand copy of HeroQuest, I have all the pieces except one. I already 3d printed that, so the main set and Kellar's Keep expansion are complete. The barbarian quest pack had everything but the box and minis, but I found files for those and started printing them. The Elf quest pack was missing one spell card as well as the box and minis, but I have all the files to print everything.

The minis aren't quite as nice as the originals, but I can paint them without guilt. Plus the girlfriend is excited to try and play and I found a program that hanes the GM role so we can both play characters. Not sure if she is genuinely excited or just wants to make me happy because I've been helping her and her dad out so much. :lol:

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:06 pm

That's a neat little curio to have! Having played it a few times at PAX I can handily say it doesn't really hold up as a game, but it is a cool idea and a charming product. Something I could definitely see someone enjoying just owning.

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:15 pm

tombombodil wrote:That's a neat little curio to have! Having played it a few times at PAX I can handily say it doesn't really hold up as a game, but it is a cool idea and a charming product. Something I could definitely see someone enjoying just owning.

I think it holds up fine, but it has to be viewed as what it is. It's a kid's game. It's designed for ten year olds. Honestly, I have a lot of games I'd rather play, but it's still fun and there is no way I could get anyone to play the other games because there is just too much to them. Beats the hell out of Life or Battleship! :lol:

ETA: Plus nostalgia!

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Found out the little flower/plant stand down the street also has a farmers market. The big box store I go to for groceries is great but their fruit sucks. Having a relatively fresh and cheep source of produce is a big win especially sense it's outside and not very crowded. They have a half dozen parking spaces.

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:33 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
tombombodil wrote:That's a neat little curio to have! Having played it a few times at PAX I can handily say it doesn't really hold up as a game, but it is a cool idea and a charming product. Something I could definitely see someone enjoying just owning.

I think it holds up fine, but it has to be viewed as what it is. It's a kid's game. It's designed for ten year olds. Honestly, I have a lot of games I'd rather play, but it's still fun and there is no way I could get anyone to play the other games because there is just too much to them. Beats the hell out of Life or Battleship! :lol:

ETA: Plus nostalgia!

I started playing it during lock down with a few friends via Table Top Simulator. It was actually pretty good. Scratched the GM itch I was having.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 pm

The nasturtium I grew from seed over the summer has started attracting a hummingbird.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am

Good news bad news time.

Good news: I am officially signing the on-boarding paperwork for a tax service.

Bad News: Being a tax service they don't actually have my location open till the end of December.

Return to “General Discussion”