Happy Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
User avatar
JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby JediSoth » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:11 am

After 18 years (albeit only 5 months as part of the magazine staff), I not only get my first byline in the magazine, I get my first solo trip to cover a trade show as a member of the press.

When I started working at this company in 2001, this is not where I envisioned myself in 2020 (of course, very little of what we envisioned for 2020 has come to pass).
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

User avatar
N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor
Posts: 5337
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:23 pm
Location: South of Boston

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby N00b13 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:08 pm

JediSoth wrote:After 18 years (albeit only 5 months as part of the magazine staff), I not only get my first byline in the magazine, I get my first solo trip to cover a trade show as a member of the press.

When I started working at this company in 2001, this is not where I envisioned myself in 2020 (of course, very little of what we envisioned for 2020 has come to pass).

Ain't that the truth.

18 years ago I thought I'd be a hermit living on my own in some distant wilderness spending my days contemplating the nature of it all.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

User avatar
JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby JediSoth » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:33 am

My wife and I saw Hamilton last night. Fantastic show! I know musicals aren't everyone's jam, but it really should be required viewing for High School classes.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

User avatar
mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!
Posts: 15211
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby mindtakerr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:41 am

JediSoth wrote:My wife and I saw Hamilton last night. Fantastic show! I know musicals aren't everyone's jam, but it really should be required viewing for High School classes.

I was so fortunate to be able to see this last year. Incredible!

User avatar
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.
Posts: 13460
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Nova Albion
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby McNutcase » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:50 pm

The assembly instructions for my exercise bike only asked me to do three impossible things, and there were only two parts left over.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

User avatar
tombombodil
3 for 3
Posts: 12150
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Just south of the Barrow Downs
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby tombombodil » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:55 pm

McNutcase wrote:The assembly instructions for my exercise bike only asked me to do three impossible things, and there were only two parts left over.


Sounds like some bike makers need to get gifted a copy of The Design of Everyday Things for Christmas.
Have you found the yellow sign?
Have you found the yellow sign?
Have you found the yellow sign?

User avatar
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.
Posts: 13460
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Nova Albion
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby McNutcase » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:06 pm

tombombodil wrote:
McNutcase wrote:The assembly instructions for my exercise bike only asked me to do three impossible things, and there were only two parts left over.


Sounds like some bike makers need to get gifted a copy of The Design of Everyday Things for Christmas.

Eh. The instructions for the computer make it abundantly clear that English is not their first language, and two of the impossible things it asked for can be attributed to product improvement. I'll be generous, especially given I only need to put it together once.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

User avatar
BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly
Posts: 11575
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:37 pm
Location: Detroit

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby BottledViolence » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:44 pm

Did the gift exchange with the family tonight. My girlfriend works at a company that does all sorts of custom work, so she made a logo for me and laser etched a custom tap handle and a six pack of growlers for me. :D

User avatar
tombombodil
3 for 3
Posts: 12150
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Just south of the Barrow Downs
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby tombombodil » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:34 am

BottledViolence wrote:Did the gift exchange with the family tonight. My girlfriend works at a company that does all sorts of custom work, so she made a logo for me and laser etched a custom tap handle and a six pack of growlers for me. :D


Pics?
Have you found the yellow sign?
Have you found the yellow sign?
Have you found the yellow sign?

User avatar
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.
Posts: 13460
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Nova Albion
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby McNutcase » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:41 pm

I'm full of goose, roast potatoes, and beer. And very popular with the cats...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests