Happy Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Glenn
I am the story stick

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby Glenn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 pm

John wrote:Hah I'm having a bit of an excessive month but I can't very well tell any one of them that I'm not going because I'll be run ragged from everyone else's (well, I guess I could, but I won't).

A prior groom had an AD&D 2E marathon for his bachelor party. He DMed the entire thing which seems more like hosting a party than getting a party hosted for you, but he likes DMing far more than playing and he was the bachelor so that was how it went. No flashy party venue, no sports game, no illicit substances, nothing that would get glitter on your clothes. Just a three day weekend of gaming in a hotel with loads of booze and some food breaks. I think one of the March parties is basically going to be a repeat of this so that will be fun.

The other will be St. Patrick's Day in Chicago for which I need to prepare my body. And mental resolve.

Sounds like my bachelor party. We went out to dinner and then 6 of us went to a friends house and played dnd until 4 am ( i was the GM.) I had so much to drink i forgot most of the game at the next session.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Eye infection is responding well to the drugs they gave me to treat it. Which means that once again, I made my save vs blindness. I'm gonna throat punch the GM if he makes me roll that save again...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Talked to academic adviser and first she gave me the ok to skip first semester seminar. But more importantly she is going to try to transfer an exstra 9 credits. Taking me from 30 credits of a 64 credit course to 39 so if it goes well i could look at my sheepskin in 6-9 months instead of 12-15 months. Even without that the only class I'll need to repeat is intro to computers. That said repeating intro to computers is slightly more pointless than taking it for the first time. I get to spend 15 weeks learning what a spreadsheet is and how to surf the web again. Yeah.
Last edited by N00b13 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 am

I had a second CT scan and the blood clots on my lungs are gone. :thumbup:

However, we are no closer to figuring out why I had an asthma attack (where they accidentally found my blood clots) in the first place. :eh:

Although, my doctor gets really excited talking to me because I am such an interesting case, so, there's that. :?
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 am

clintmemo wrote:I had a second CT scan and the blood clots on my lungs are gone. :thumbup:

However, we are no closer to figuring out why I had an asthma attack (where they accidentally found my blood clots) in the first place. :eh:

Although, my doctor gets really excited talking to me because I am such an interesting case, so, there's that. :?

Yeah noone wants to be a case study. But glad to hear things are on the mend.

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 am

I have asthma. The only two sure-fire triggers are live rabbits, and going down a slope on something like a toboggan or tube or suchlike.

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 pm

OK I decided to put this under happy. I rented the kindle version of my textbook for my tax class. Little did I know I need the access code to take my class. Well after asking a rep where I can buy/rent a digital copy the book with a code for 20 minutes he just drops that the code comes with a digital copy of the book. So I saved $30 over the amazon price the functionality of mcgraw hills app works for me better than kindle reader and I can actually get homework and tests to you know pass the class.

I'm just so frustrated at the rep. Stop telling me I can't rent a book and get the code but check my email but digital copies don't come with the code but maybe from some sites but . . .

Just tell me I get the fing book when I pay you. Classic shut up and take my money scenario.

anthroslug
NZB Leftenant

Postby anthroslug » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:57 am

Finally got around to placing new pickups in my old guitar. This makes me happy because A) the new pickups RADICALLY change the sound of the guitar for the better (seriously, it went from sounding terrible to sounding amazing) and B) I have now replaced or modified all of the electronics in the guitar except two of the potentiometers (so, I have replaced or modified around 75% of them) which makes me confident in my ability to do this sort of work when I go about building an electric guitar.

When I pulled the old pickups out, I discovered that, along with the wood and several other bits of the electronics, they were made to look cosmetically like a Fender part, but had completely different (and far inferior) construction. So, when I bought the guitar 27 years ago, the sales staff who told me that it was built to the same specs as a Fender guitar but just in an Asian factory totally lied to me. But, the upside is that I now feel totally comfortable using this thing to tinker with before I try the same modifications on my more expensive actual Fender guitar.
I'm like a boring, perpetually annoyed Indiana Jones - http://www.anthroslug.blogspot.com

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Friday was my wife's third of six chemo treatments. I wrote a song about it. Wanna hear it? Here it goes:

Whoa-oh, we’re halfway there
Chemo, living with no hair

(with apologies to Bon Jovi)
That's as far as I've gotten. Things were a little crazy last week, so I didn't have time to finish it.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

anthroslug
NZB Leftenant

Postby anthroslug » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:28 pm

JediSoth wrote:Friday was my wife's third of six chemo treatments. I wrote a song about it. Wanna hear it? Here it goes:

Whoa-oh, we’re halfway there
Chemo, living with no hair

(with apologies to Bon Jovi)
That's as far as I've gotten. Things were a little crazy last week, so I didn't have time to finish it.

Excellent. Good way to handle the baldness.

And the chemo, I suppose.
I'm like a boring, perpetually annoyed Indiana Jones - http://www.anthroslug.blogspot.com

Return to “General Discussion”