Happy Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
User avatar
zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo
Posts: 9793
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:54 am
Location: Oklahoma City
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby zircher » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:02 am

School started this week (insert happy dance) now my son isn't moping about the house complaining about being bored.
--
TAZ

User avatar
Lord Foul
Kangaroo, Buffalo, and Chris, OH MY!
Posts: 44826
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:37 am

Told my ten year old son I'll be running another dungeon for him on Sunday. I honestly have never seen such a happy face. :D

I got hugs. :D
"...with frikin' lasers!"

User avatar
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.
Posts: 13071
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Nova Albion
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby McNutcase » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 am

My FLGS freakin' ROCKS. They have great staff, a huge amount of stuff, and some stuff I didn't expect... I got a history of sea power from the USCG reserve training centre library...

The fact that it's an easy couple miles to walk is a bonus.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

User avatar
Fowl Sorcerous
Pat's Knob Polisher
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Toronto, On
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby Fowl Sorcerous » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:14 pm

FanEX next week! WOO!
The artist formerly known as Ancient Adolescent

User avatar
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.
Posts: 13071
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Nova Albion
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby McNutcase » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I found a great pub. Brilliant food, and good beer. Plus, it's locally brewed. The only slightly grumbly notes are it's a ways away, and it's slightly pricey (although when the wife and I go there, we'll probably split food; they're big portions). Overall, it's a Happy.

Also, I got out of the bookstore for only $12.13 including tax, which is astounding, especially as I got four books.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

User avatar
David Blue
da ba dee da ba die
Posts: 3490
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:58 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby David Blue » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:52 pm

McNutcase wrote:Also, I got out of the bookstore for only $12.13 including tax, which is astounding, especially as I got four books.


Not that astounding. Clearly you stuffed three books into your pants and paid for one. Right? (Though obviously the paid book was only a paperback...)

User avatar
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.
Posts: 13071
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Nova Albion
Contact:

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby McNutcase » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm

David Gray wrote:
McNutcase wrote:Also, I got out of the bookstore for only $12.13 including tax, which is astounding, especially as I got four books.


Not that astounding. Clearly you stuffed three books into your pants and paid for one. Right? (Though obviously the paid book was only a paperback...)

Actually, no. I paid for all four.

The store's name is Half Price Books...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

User avatar
SandPunk
Harbinger of the Coz
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: A semi tropical, not quite hellish place.

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby SandPunk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:26 pm

New forum and I has found it. I guess that's a happy. Though I have to re-learn who you all are...again.
That's a very Bedolf Shitler kind of thing to say.

hansel

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby hansel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 pm

McNutcase wrote:
David Gray wrote:
McNutcase wrote:Also, I got out of the bookstore for only $12.13 including tax, which is astounding, especially as I got four books.


Not that astounding. Clearly you stuffed three books into your pants and paid for one. Right? (Though obviously the paid book was only a paperback...)

Actually, no. I paid for all four.

The store's name is Half Price Books...


Me loves me some Half-Price books. They have such a high volume of customers and sellers around here, that I can go in once a week and find new (old) RPG books and comics for cheep. I still regret not buying that TMNT RPG I found there...

User avatar
Noble Bear
Wants to try and hold a conversation in Pretty
Posts: 12646
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:26 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Happy Things Go Here

Postby Noble Bear » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:02 am

SandPunk wrote:New forum and I has found it. I guess that's a happy. Though I have to re-learn who you all are...again.


Well, one things that helps is that some of us, like me, hansel and McNutcase always use the same avatar. Others vary but have a theme, like Keith Curtis is always a version of himself, and MrElzibub is always someone (sometimes darkly) funny.
A bear there was!
A bear! a bear!
All black and brown and covered with hair!


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests