Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby N00b13 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:41 am

Finally heard back from the school I applied for the fall. They accepted 89 credits from my current degrees but applied 51 to my new degree. So much for wrapping up my next degree in a year.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 am

Fishing scammers pretending to be job recruiters.

Got a warning that one of the applications was to a company that later was confirmed not to have contracted that site. That's not the problem. No SSN or even personal info leaked there. But suddenly I'm getting dozens of obvious fraudulent job offers a day.

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:48 pm

N00b13 wrote:Finally heard back from the school I applied for the fall. They accepted 89 credits from my current degrees but applied 51 to my new degree. So much for wrapping up my next degree in a year.

Oh and apparently I get 0 FASA when I misread it as 10k for 2020. So I am taped. School is looking like a pipe dream.

My old schools academic year ends on September 8th. My new schools academic year starts on August 31st. The fact that there is a 9 day overlap means fafsa treats it as the same year and I already hit my cap for 2020.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:59 am

Whelp, the Wood Elf team roster got leaked. I am not happy at all. Not happy enough that I am seriously considering sitting this edition of the game out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Ikoma wrote:Whelp, the Wood Elf team roster got leaked. I am not happy at all. Not happy enough that I am seriously considering sitting this edition of the game out.

Bloodbowl?
Have you found the yellow sign?

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Ikoma wrote:Whelp, the Wood Elf team roster got leaked. I am not happy at all. Not happy enough that I am seriously considering sitting this edition of the game out.

I said the same thing after LRB 3 or 4. We had two seasons of a 3rd ed league instead but after that i don't think any of us played again. Every time I looked at the rules I saw more shit added that I didn't like. Oh well, we had a good run. :lol:

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:52 pm

tombombodil wrote:

Bloodbowl?

Sorry, yes. Leaks for the 2020 edition are flying fast and furious. I'm trying to stay even keeled... but each successive wave is making it harder.

That said, there are bright spots. They finally got the right call on Piling On (it's now a free bonus foul action that can result in an ejection). Then they frak up passing so bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Job interview today didn't happen. There was a problem relating to the fact that Skype is not and doesn't function with Skype for Business. Not a big problem just call up and change it to a over the phone interview right? After all I gave myself a half hour to work out the bugs before the interview. Nope. I only have one contact number and it goes to voicemail. I spend the next hour trying to contact anyone or get Skype for Business to work on Linux when I finally get a call back a half hour after the time of my interview and get the number for the hiring manager. I leave a message with them but at this point I don't blame them for ignoring me.

Save me from antiquated software.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 pm

N00b13 wrote:Job interview today didn't happen. There was a problem relating to the fact that Skype is not and doesn't function with Skype for Business. Not a big problem just call up and change it to a over the phone interview right? After all I gave myself a half hour to work out the bugs before the interview. Nope. I only have one contact number and it goes to voicemail. I spend the next hour trying to contact anyone or get Skype for Business to work on Linux when I finally get a call back a half hour after the time of my interview and get the number for the hiring manager. I leave a message with them but at this point I don't blame them for ignoring me.

Skype is a POS. That's why Microsoft is ditching it.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:10 pm

N00b13 wrote:Job interview today didn't happen. There was a problem relating to the fact that Skype is not and doesn't function with Skype for Business. Not a big problem just call up and change it to a over the phone interview right? After all I gave myself a half hour to work out the bugs before the interview. Nope. I only have one contact number and it goes to voicemail. I spend the next hour trying to contact anyone or get Skype for Business to work on Linux when I finally get a call back a half hour after the time of my interview and get the number for the hiring manager. I leave a message with them but at this point I don't blame them for ignoring me.

Skype and Skype for Business are two separate programs that just share the same name. An external person can connect into Skype for Biz but it has to be setup on an Enterprise level at both sites.

Did this company ask you to have a Skype interview with them and just expect for you to magically show up on their network?

If I'm reading what you posted correctly you might have just dodged a bullet. What was the position?

Return to “General Discussion”