Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
snelson66
Dan's Road Rubber

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby snelson66 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Had my hours cut in half at work. Thankful I still have a job and benefits, but this will make the mortgage payment a problem.
"He's a fighter. The closest he comes to evasion is if he misreports his taxable wages." - Gannji, Order of the Stick #777

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 pm

snelson66 wrote:Had my hours cut in half at work. Thankful I still have a job and benefits, but this will make the mortgage payment a problem.

You should have a stimulus check to help.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

snelson66
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby snelson66 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:26 pm

N00b13 wrote:
snelson66 wrote:Had my hours cut in half at work. Thankful I still have a job and benefits, but this will make the mortgage payment a problem.

You should have a stimulus check to help.

Should. Don't. According to the "check your stimulus" website, won't.
"He's a fighter. The closest he comes to evasion is if he misreports his taxable wages." - Gannji, Order of the Stick #777

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:51 am

The fans fell of my video card today. Found 'em just lying there on the bottom of the case. I pulled the card and pushed the fans back down into their housings... but like, WTAF kind of design is it that allows for that kind of thing to happen. In all my years of having fan-cooled video cards, I've NEVER had the fans just fall off. I had a 7-year-old PSU fan get stuck and need a push start, but it never FELL OFF.

Now I'm thinking: do I need to replace the video card altogether? It seems to be working fine now. But, I don't really see any way to keep the fans on, yet they seem to be staying on right now.

This is just so bizarre and totally not what I need to deal with right now.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Hey did half a magnetic barring come with the fan? Only thing I can think of is f it's a magnetic barring fan it over heated something above the gauss point and it stopped holding together.

If not then its just a crap fan.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Some issues that have been pending for months at my work finally bubbled up to the level where GMs and such have visibility of them, and now after months of me bringing them up in meeting after meeting, ALL of a sudden it's absolutely CrItICaL that the blockers for these items get removed ASAP and the issues get resolved ASAP. @ @ FW:FW:Tombombodil why haven't u fixed this all yet these are your items you own the application get on it you loser.
Have you found the yellow sign?

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:42 pm

N00b13 wrote:Hey did half a magnetic barring come with the fan? Only thing I can think of is f it's a magnetic barring fan it over heated something above the gauss point and it stopped holding together.

If not then its just a crap fan.

It's a magnetic sleeve bearing fan. According to the manufacturer, if I was able to get the fans back on and they're working find now, then all is well (unless it happens again).

It doesn't exactly instill me with confidence, but I'll keep an eye on it. The card is only two years old.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 am

tombombodil wrote:Some issues that have been pending for months at my work finally bubbled up to the level where GMs and such have visibility of them, and now after months of me bringing them up in meeting after meeting, ALL of a sudden it's absolutely CrItICaL that the blockers for these items get removed ASAP and the issues get resolved ASAP. @ @ FW:FW:Tombombodil why haven't u fixed this all yet these are your items you own the application get on it you loser.

Sounds like the blockers did get removed. ;)

(In my mind I have an animated vision of an anthropomorphic "Road Closed" sign waking up, mumbling "sorry," and walking off the road.)
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:34 pm

So I'm unemployed now.

With all the stresses of today and facing the problem of a skeleton crew at work with record sales I had to leave.

Don't worry about me right now. I have a few months bills worth of savings and My degree finishes up in just days. I'm looking at some tight times but not insurmountable times.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:48 pm

N00b13 wrote:So I'm unemployed now.

With all the stresses of today and facing the problem of a skeleton crew at work with record sales I had to leave.

Don't worry about me right now. I have a few months bills worth of savings and My degree finishes up in just days. I'm looking at some tight times but not insurmountable times.

I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure you apply for unemployment, even if you think you won't be down long go for it anyway, that's your money and no one knows what the future holds.

Return to “General Discussion”