Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby tombombodil » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 pm

mindtakerr wrote:
N00b13 wrote: Yeah. It's closed like all nonessential businesses.

I guess it's not as essential as Gamestop... :lol:

:puke: :crazy:
Have you found the yellow sign?

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:49 pm

My mother just tested positive for COVID19. She is alright but she is triply in the high risk group. On top of that my father is also high risk. As of right now I am along with all of my family quarantined.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Sorry to hear that. :(

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 pm

N00b13 wrote:My mother just tested positive for COVID19. She is alright but she is triply in the high risk group. On top of that my father is also high risk. As of right now, I am along with all of my family quarantined.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to keep your sanity going with all of that. Let us hope that things will change so that the boot is feared more than COVID-19.

Too Tall
I am the story stick

Postby Too Tall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:46 am

N00b13 wrote:My mother just tested positive for COVID19. She is alright but she is triply in the high risk group. On top of that my father is also high risk. As of right now I am along with all of my family quarantined.

That sucks Noob13. My father is also triply in the high risk group and worry about him.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 am

Yeah, I too worry more about my parents than I do myself. They are old, both recent survivors of serious life threatening illnesses. 'Course, I'm also really worried about my kids and what this whole thing will do to the world they are about to become adults in...

My wife had a (phone) conversation w/ her parents and sister recently where they instructed their girls to not take any 'heroic' measures if they come down w/ COVID-19. Father-in-law has been diabetic since his 20s and has MS now as well. Mother-in-law is getting hit hard by the Alzheimer stick. They both aren't eager to die (no requests for assisted suicide) but they also aren't super enamored of the idea of more suffering on top of what they have.

It's a mad world out there folks. Stay safe, virtual hugs and support to everyone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:56 am

My flour container exploded.

It's one were there is a metal ring under tension around a plastic top. well the plastic top cracked and broke into 2 parts sending half of it and a ton of flour into the air.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:11 pm

mindtakerr wrote:
N00b13 wrote: Yeah. It's closed like all nonessential businesses.

I guess it's not as essential as Gamestop... :lol:

We can pack crowded grocery stores with no PPE on either customers or employees, but can't buy a tomato plant to grow our own food.

It's OK though, you can still buy lottery tickets, but don't bother buying a boat with a motor since you can't use it. :wtf:

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 pm

I just learned that my grandmother passed away. From the sound of things, Alzheimer's finally took its toll. I'm still waiting on details, but I predict the pandemic is going to make Ma's funeral substantially smaller than Pa's from a couple months ago.

snelson66
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby snelson66 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Wihzerd wrote:I just learned that my grandmother passed away. From the sound of things, Alzheimer's finally took its toll. I'm still waiting on details, but I predict the pandemic is going to make Ma's funeral substantially smaller than Pa's from a couple months ago.
Condolences from someone who knows what that’s like (the Alzheimer’s part, not the pandemic-time funeral).
"He's a fighter. The closest he comes to evasion is if he misreports his taxable wages." - Gannji, Order of the Stick #777

Return to “General Discussion”