Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby N00b13 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Chad wrote:
N00b13 wrote:So I'm unemployed now.

With all the stresses of today and facing the problem of a skeleton crew at work with record sales I had to leave.

Don't worry about me right now. I have a few months bills worth of savings and My degree finishes up in just days. I'm looking at some tight times but not insurmountable times.

I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure you apply for unemployment, even if you think you won't be down long go for it anyway, that's your money and no one knows what the future holds.

I will but can't yet. I can claim part time this week next week but have to wait to file.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:59 am

Indeed. And rules and regulations are changing fast. Good luck with all the changes coming. We're pulling for you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby BottledViolence » Thu May 21, 2020 5:49 pm

My girlfriend managed to hit a pole driving through a parking lot the other night. Dented the hood, broke the grill, and cracked the bumper cover. All parts I could replace in a few hours, but would need to pay someone to paint them if I couldn't get the right color from a junk yard.

Oh, except the airbags went off. Five of them. Instead of a few hours and a few hundred bucks, it's almost $13,000, three weeks at the shop, and she had bruises all over from the fucking air bags.

Best part is she probably only hit it because we make the A-piller so fucking huge now because we have to stuff more airbags in there. :roll:

I've lost count of how many people I've talked to who hit something (or someone) partially hidden behind the huge blind spot we put in one of the most critical areas of a driver's vision.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu May 21, 2020 7:04 pm

BottledViolence wrote:My girlfriend managed to hit a pole driving through a parking lot the other night. Dented the hood, broke the grill, and cracked the bumper cover. All parts I could replace in a few hours, but would need to pay someone to paint them if I couldn't get the right color from a junk yard.

Oh, except the airbags went off. Five of them. Instead of a few hours and a few hundred bucks, it's almost $13,000, three weeks at the shop, and she had bruises all over from the fucking air bags.

Best part is she probably only hit it because we make the A-piller so fucking huge now because we have to stuff more airbags in there. :roll:

I've lost count of how many people I've talked to who hit something (or someone) partially hidden behind the huge blind spot we put in one of the most critical areas of a driver's vision.

The number of times I've almost t-boned someone at a particular stop sign because the damn interior mirror perfectly obscures anyone waiting at the line to my right...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby BottledViolence » Thu May 21, 2020 10:34 pm

McNutcase wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:My girlfriend managed to hit a pole driving through a parking lot the other night. Dented the hood, broke the grill, and cracked the bumper cover. All parts I could replace in a few hours, but would need to pay someone to paint them if I couldn't get the right color from a junk yard.

The number of times I've almost t-boned someone at a particular stop sign because the damn interior mirror perfectly obscures anyone waiting at the line to my right...

I bet!
People will complain about rear window visibility when the auto dimming, compass and map light having garage door opener/rear view mirror can hide a mid century Buick and the A-piller completely blocks your view of of a Swift truck pulling a 53' trailer through the red to your right.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri May 22, 2020 10:52 am

McNutcase wrote:

Thank you.
I thought I was the only person inflicted by this.
I HATE rearview mirrors. This is 2020. Why can't my backup camera (if I had one :P ) be on all the time ?!
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 am

clintmemo wrote:
McNutcase wrote:

Thank you.
I thought I was the only person inflicted by this.
I HATE rearview mirrors. This is 2020. Why can't my backup camera (if I had one :P ) be on all the time ?!

It's one of the few things I dislike about the Fit.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue May 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Worst blind spots I've ever had to suffer with was in a 2019 rented Nissan Ultima. Electronics and air bags and sensors and pillars and frames and odd angles and small windows and you couldn't see a thing. But it was cool, it had those lane sensor indicator lights. :roll:

I love our Fit but the rear window is a nightmare for backing up.

K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Postby K-Mech » Tue May 26, 2020 7:23 pm

IU thought the a-pillar hugeness was because of rollover test requirements... but yes, I hate how thick those've gotten.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 pm

Chad wrote:Worst blind spots I've ever had to suffer with was in a 2019 rented Nissan Ultima. Electronics and air bags and sensors and pillars and frames and odd angles and small windows and you couldn't see a thing. But it was cool, it had those lane sensor indicator lights. :roll:

I love our Fit but the rear window is a nightmare for backing up.

I keep thinking I should just order a fresnel lens sticker to give me a better view, it's like trying to back a mailbox without a camera and I don't want THAT much hassle.

Return to “General Discussion”