Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
JediSoth
I am the story stick

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby JediSoth » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Our IT company shut down the server to replace a drive yesterday. During the middle of the work day (around 2PM). WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE THEY WERE DOING IT.

I was in the middle of saving a file when my connection died.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Sethalidos
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Sethalidos » Fri May 03, 2019 12:32 pm

JediSoth wrote:Our IT company shut down the server to replace a drive yesterday. During the middle of the work day (around 2PM). WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE THEY WERE DOING IT.

I was in the middle of saving a file when my connection died.

:whistle: Be right back, gotta go take care of something in my server room real quick. :twisted:
Chris wrote:"FtB Hosts performing Oral" is NOT in your username

"Scientia Potentia Est"

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Fri May 10, 2019 10:00 pm

The cargo cover in a 2009 Honda Fit is a real pain in the ass to install. I spent half an hour carefully stabbing my back seats with a pin finding the holes to screw the snaps to...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat May 11, 2019 1:00 pm

I went to the store to buy a new backyard open fire grill/marshmellow thing. Wife asked if I wanted to take one of the boys to help me lift it into the van. I said no, I was going to run some other errands and didn't want to listen to the kid that got tagged moan about how long this was all taking.

After a half hour in the parking lot trying to get the damn thing out of the cart and into the van by myself.... I wish I had listened to the wife.

[Note: I was finally rescued by a nice man and his adult son who gave me the extra hands to get it up and out. It was heavy but not TOO heavy to lift. It was just too heavy and too long at the same time.]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 am

McNutcase wrote:The cargo cover in a 2009 Honda Fit is a real pain in the ass to install. I spent half an hour carefully stabbing my back seats with a pin finding the holes to screw the snaps to...

It doesn't lock into the sides? That's the way the ones I've seen work. Not sure how one that snaps into the seats would work.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 am

Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:The cargo cover in a 2009 Honda Fit is a real pain in the ass to install. I spent half an hour carefully stabbing my back seats with a pin finding the holes to screw the snaps to...

It doesn't lock into the sides? That's the way the ones I've seen work. Not sure how one that snaps into the seats would work.

It does both. Rigid part hooks on to a couple pins in the sides, and there's a cloth part that snaps onto the seats. It mostly works without that part, but I paid for it and I'm gonna use it.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Mon May 13, 2019 2:10 pm

McNutcase wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:

It does both. Rigid part hooks on to a couple pins in the sides, and there's a cloth part that snaps onto the seats. It mostly works without that part, but I paid for it and I'm gonna use it.

I've been telling myself that I should get one of those for about 11 years now.
2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Mon May 13, 2019 7:54 pm

clintmemo wrote:
McNutcase wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:

I've been telling myself that I should get one of those for about 11 years now.

Yeah, they're a ridiculous price for what they are, if I'm being honest. I can see why so many original buyers skipped them. It's as much marking my territory as utility, for me, along with the cabbie seat cover. Which was way easier; position it, tie a couple strings round the head restraint posts, done.

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 pm

McNutcase wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:

Huh. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:

Huh. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks.

The pdf install instructions work well: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instr ... ocover.pdf

It's not the roller blind type like our Prius wagon uses, it's two rigid sections with a hinge between them plus a flexible bit to deal with the rear seats being mobile. The middle clips in, the rearmost rigid section is tied to the liftgate and gets pulled upwards when I open the trunk, and the flexible bit covers the gap between the rigid bits and the rear seats.

Return to “General Discussion”