Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby clintmemo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

My blind dog, Monty, aka "Matt Murdog," now has diabetes.
We are going to have to put him down very soon.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:54 pm

clintmemo wrote:My blind dog, Monty, aka "Matt Murdog," now has diabetes.

Damn, sorry to hear that. :thumbdown:

snelson66
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby snelson66 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:35 am

Damn. Sorry, dude.
"He's a fighter. The closest he comes to evasion is if he misreports his taxable wages." - Gannji, Order of the Stick #777

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:08 am

He also has glaucoma (thanks to the diabetes). Apparently, it becomes severely painful even if you are already blind. The treatment for it is to remove the eye.

"Very soon" is tomorrow afternoon.

He's 9 years old.

It's time.

anthroslug
NZB Leftenant

Postby anthroslug » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:14 pm

We lost one of my counterparts in San Francisco when she took another job within the company. We redistributed her work amongst the remaining staff.

Another is out for the time being because he lost his house in the massive wildfires late last year, and is trying to get things sorted. We redistributed his work among the remaining staff.

Another has just announced that she is leaving to take a job with the state. We are going to have to redistribute her work among remaining staff.

Two major company initiatives are about to come online, and it was estimated that these would require two full-time people who do what I do to support it. I found out today that they will not be hiring these people right now. Guess who’s expected to take and redistribute the work?

I already work ovretime routinely, work weekends routinely, and have been forced to work during vacation time due to a lack of staff.
I'm like a boring, perpetually annoyed Indiana Jones - http://www.anthroslug.blogspot.com

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:24 am

Natural gas pumping station blew up yesterday, so they want everyone to turn down their heat to 65 in order to reduce demand until they get it fixed. While that's an arbitrary number, the idea is valid. So instead of turning in the heat down, they decided to turn it way up to "screw over" the utility company. Apparently buying more natural gas than you need when it is in high demand and supply is low is somehow going to strike a blow at the big evil company that provided us with something that is essential to the way virtually everyone in the are lives. Yeah, screw those guys who provide us with cheap heat, hot water, and power our cooking appliances. I want to make sure we lose operating pressure to our furnaces so people go without heat when it's minus 16! That will teach the guys who sell us natural gas! :facepalm:

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am

BottledViolence wrote:Natural gas pumping station blew up yesterday, so they want everyone to turn down their heat to 65 in order to reduce demand until they get it fixed. While that's an arbitrary number, the idea is valid. So instead of turning in the heat down, they decided to turn it way up to "screw over" the utility company. Apparently buying more natural gas than you need when it is in high demand and supply is low is somehow going to strike a blow at the big evil company that provided us with something that is essential to the way virtually everyone in the are lives. Yeah, screw those guys who provide us with cheap heat, hot water, and power our cooking appliances. I want to make sure we lose operating pressure to our furnaces so people go without heat when it's minus 16! That will teach the guys who sell us natural gas! :facepalm:

What? :eh: You mean... people are stupid? :o :shock:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

anthroslug
NZB Leftenant

Postby anthroslug » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 am

BottledViolence wrote:Natural gas pumping station blew up yesterday, so they want everyone to turn down their heat to 65 in order to reduce demand until they get it fixed. While that's an arbitrary number, the idea is valid. So instead of turning in the heat down, they decided to turn it way up to "screw over" the utility company. Apparently buying more natural gas than you need when it is in high demand and supply is low is somehow going to strike a blow at the big evil company that provided us with something that is essential to the way virtually everyone in the are lives. Yeah, screw those guys who provide us with cheap heat, hot water, and power our cooking appliances. I want to make sure we lose operating pressure to our furnaces so people go without heat when it's minus 16! That will teach the guys who sell us natural gas! :facepalm:

Ahhh, the stupid. Though your description brought a smile to my face.
I'm like a boring, perpetually annoyed Indiana Jones - http://www.anthroslug.blogspot.com

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 pm

So did my first weeks homework today. Question in my taxation coarse are online and i check my work on question 2. It does nothing. Ok maybe I'm not getting it think up a new answer. Nothing. Ok maybe it's this nope. Anyways i scour the book google it and systematically check combonations of answers. Nothing. The system will not tell you if you have it right or wrong.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:50 am

lol - like they aren't just going to charge the customers more for that gas. :facepalm:

Return to “General Discussion”