Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:49 pm

clintmemo wrote:
clintmemo wrote:One of my dogs is going blind. The symptoms are similar to something called
SARDS but it is happening too slowly - unless he actually is totally blind or as blind as he is going to get but has adjusted to it well enough that he is fooling his humans into thinking he can still see something.

The vets think he has cushing's disease, which has many of the same symptoms as SARDS, except for the blindness part.

So apparently, he is not going blind. He went blind and has already started to adjust, which is why he has been fooling us into thinking he can still see somewhat.
SARDS sucks.
They think he still has cushings on top of that but they first have to deal with the pancreatitis they found before they can even test for cushings. He's going to need to be on special food for the rest of his life, regardless, because of the pancreatitis.
If he does have cushings, it comes in two varieties - the more common is treatable with medication, the less common is not. Neither is lethal by itself. It just means dealing with the symptoms (weight gain and lots more water intake).

It all sounds horrible but he is adjusting more than I would. He is the most nervous and skittish of any of my dogs but he seems quite a bit calmer now.

Damn, sorry to hear that. They do adapt well, almost to their detriment.

My dog is 8 and broke her leg as a puppy. Multiple surgeries got it fixed (ish) but now years of favoring her other leg are catching up. She struggles to stand and needs help about half the time. Has trouble with stairs (I have a colonial with the master bedroom upstairs), and is easily knocked over. Her favorite spot is of course next to my bed upstairs, so she goes up there to sleep all the time meaning going up and down stairs many times a day. I've got her weight down to 135 from 155, but she is still struggling. The worst part is even though she is all broke down, she still has a great attitude. Super friendly, playful, sweetest disposition, and of course always wants to be involved with everything. Unfortunately, eventually her mobility will be so degraded she will probably have to be put down. Hopefully the meds she is on now will at least slow the decline.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Have you found the yellow sign?

Knaight
Harbinger of the Coz

Postby Knaight » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Someone stole my bike. It's my main vehicle, and I've put a decent amount of money and a whole lot of work into it - plus it's easily my third favorite bike I've ever owned, and is quite possibly the one I've put the most miles on.

I'm slightly pissed at whoever did this right now.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:38 pm

So on Sunday we have a baby shower for my sister in law, my wife and cousin have been organizing it. Tomorrow my wife has to work a 12 hour shift and I'm going to be baking for the shower all day...

But just now my wife's overnight person quit. So she's going to work now, then she has a 12 hour shift tomorrow, and she might have to work the overnight tomorrow night too... so at least 20 hours, possibly 36 hours straight. Then maybe get a 4 hour nap before like 40 people show up here for the shower...
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 am

I hate puking
2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Floods all over my area. My brother and my wife are both stuck at their respective workplaces, and my other brother and his wife had to push the c-section for the birth of my new nephew back to tomorrow morning. Fun times all around.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 pm

I'm doing a commission of a 40k squad and despite my excruciating planning and all my best efforts the humidity still caused the spray primer still trashed the models in question, globbing up and just, well, ruining them.

I'm feeling really shit about it right now so im not gonna think about it until tomorrow. With a little luck i can remove the primer with some simple green without losing any/much detail and then just reprime them by hand with gesso like I FLIPPING SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST GORRAM PLACE okokok i said i wasnt gonna think about it *deep breath*

Should be *fine*. Should be **fine**

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 am

Roll20 server was out last night.
Not all of Roll20, just the server the game we were supposed to playing is hosted on.
The server that my one shot world is one was up, but I had no one-shot prepared.
2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 am

tombombodil wrote:I'm doing a commission of a 40k squad and despite my excruciating planning and all my best efforts the humidity still caused the spray primer still trashed the models in question, globbing up and just, well, ruining them.

I'm feeling really shit about it right now so im not gonna think about it until tomorrow. With a little luck i can remove the primer with some simple green without losing any/much detail and then just reprime them by hand with gesso like I FLIPPING SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST GORRAM PLACE okokok i said i wasnt gonna think about it *deep breath*

Should be *fine*. Should be **fine**

I ways had better luck with brake fluid.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:44 am

There was a small brush fire way too close to my house last night, and the smoke from it has destroyed me.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Return to “General Discussion”