Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
MrElzebub
Loves to Cuddle Afterward

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby MrElzebub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
McNutcase wrote:Alanis Morrissette has destroyed most of humanity's conception of irony.

How do you figure that? That's a hell of a responsibility to foist on one chantreuse. Surely she can't be THAT popular? :o

I think you under estimate the power of main stream mind control. The generation that grew up with that ubiquitous song thinks she is mentioning examples of irony. Sadly, she doesn't mention one, not one. But now the common understanding of irony is any time events don't go one's way. (Now where is that little barfing smily. I need to express some disgust.)
Free Whatever it is that Delicious Humanoids Like! Inquire Within.

MrElzebub

Postby MrElzebub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Chris wrote:I'm expecting a confrontation with the Customer Service Dept of the manufacturer of our trampoline over their ridiculously restrive warranty.

Do not look directly at Happy Fun Ball.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Migraines fucking suck. The fact that I can't get codeine over here to knock the pain down to merely intolerable is worse.

My cat can't work out why I just spent like half an hour lying in a darkened room, blindfolded, crying, whimpering, shivering and twitching. The only reason I'm online now is I'd go insane from idleness if I weren't.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

THAC0
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby THAC0 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:35 pm

McNutcase wrote:Migraines fucking suck. The fact that I can't get codeine over here to knock the pain down to merely intolerable is worse.

My cat can't work out why I just spent like half an hour lying in a darkened room, blindfolded, crying, whimpering, shivering and twitching. The only reason I'm online now is I'd go insane from idleness if I weren't.

Sympathies. Sound like the kind my wife gets - knocks her out of commission for a full 24hrs.

MrElzebub

Postby MrElzebub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:36 pm

McNutcase wrote:Migraines fucking suck. The fact that I can't get codeine over here to knock the pain down to merely intolerable is worse.

My sympathies. My wife battles migraines and they leave her in the same shape you just described. Does Excedrin Migraine help at all? Sometimes they help my wife, sometimes they make her hurl.

Mung0
BABUSHKA!

Postby Mung0 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:39 pm

School starts back next week :(

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:50 pm

MrElzebub wrote:

My sympathies. My wife battles migraines and they leave her in the same shape you just described. Does Excedrin Migraine help at all? Sometimes they help my wife, sometimes they make her hurl.

Not tried it, but I'll take the chance on puking if it's got even a slight chance of helping. Thanks for the recommendation!
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

MrElzebub

Postby MrElzebub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

McNutcase wrote:Not tried it, but I'll take the chance on puking if it's got even a slight chance of helping. Thanks for the recommendation!

It is a really strong dose. Often my wife will take one with some ginger ale to get started. Once it starts working she will take the second. Good luck.

mingus
Teller of gaming stories

Postby mingus » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Mung0 wrote:School starts back next week :(

Work starts again tomorrow.

John
Host

Postby John » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 pm

I have to wake up at 7 AM and commute to a place of productivity again. The everlasting summer of college is now so completely over.

Return to “General Discussion”