Random Forum Thoughts.

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: Random Forum Thoughts.

Postby clintmemo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
clintmemo wrote:Remember when you were a 7 year old and you either snuck a taste of beer or your dad offered a sip to you?
And it tasted disgusting....
Well, that is what beer is like for me now - I'm guessing that it is a side effect of Covid. I've read that it can change taste buds for some months after infection and that it eventually goes away. We'll see.
I've heard that beer is an acquired taste and it now feels like I never acquired it.
btw, before you suggest that I was drinking crap beer, I went and tried my favorite beer on earth (Hoffbrahause's Dunkel) and it still tasted nasty to me.
Perhaps I'm better off.

I'd take this as an opportunity to try a bunch of different beers and see how they're affected. IPA, stout, sours... What about liquor? Tequila, scotch, bourbon, vodka... So much investigation to do!

I have not had a problem with the taste of other alcohols (ok, just bourbon, but that was the only hard liquor I drank before), though I seem to enjoy them a lot less often.
I have tasted several different kinds of beers - IPA, that Dunkel, sours....They all taste like stomach acid with flavor added.
Retirement Date: 3 years or 1 bad day

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Tue May 11, 2021 12:24 pm

clintmemo wrote:I have not had a problem with the taste of other alcohols (ok, just bourbon, but that was the only hard liquor I drank before), though I seem to enjoy them a lot less often.
I have tasted several different kinds of beers - IPA, that Dunkel, sours....They all taste like stomach acid with flavor added.

Huh. I'd call that an improvement. If I manage to get Covid in the space between vaccinations, I'll have to try beer out again just to see if the flavor's improved.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:39 am

I'm insanely late to the party, but I am finally reading the Mistborn trilogy. Almost done with book 2. So good! I wish I had done this years ago!

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:25 pm

mindtakerr wrote:I'm insanely late to the party, but I am finally reading the Mistborn trilogy. Almost done with book 2. So good! I wish I had done this years ago!

Not as late as me. :P
Retirement Date: 3 years or 1 bad day

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:00 pm

The Google Doodle today is awesome!

https://www.google.com/

Return to “General Discussion”