Random Forum Thoughts.

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
David Blue
da ba dee da ba die

Re: Random Forum Thoughts.

Postby David Blue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:27 am

Chad wrote:So it looks like we are in the running for a Golden Geek. I didn't even know what one was or that we had been nominated until I happened to see it on someone's twitter feed.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/878770/ ... inners-wil

Interesting. Odd how the Best Podcast category actually has four listings, when that is supposed to be the top three per category.

Flaming Penguins
Teller of gaming stories

Postby Flaming Penguins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Going to see my mom again today. This is good because she's my mom, and bad because she's in the hospital.

"What is up with this penguin?" - Shamus Young, FtB 68

Jahaili
Red Boba Fett

Postby Jahaili » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Flaming Penguins wrote:Going to see my mom again today. This is good because she's my mom, and bad because she's in the hospital.

Oh no. I hope everything's okay.
Need an editor? Send me a PM. I do copyediting as well as more in-depth editing of fiction and creative nonfiction.

Flaming Penguins
Teller of gaming stories

Postby Flaming Penguins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Jahaili wrote:
Flaming Penguins wrote:Going to see my mom again today. This is good because she's my mom, and bad because she's in the hospital.

The jist of it is she fell pretty hard and lost most feeling in her legs. It took my dad about 3 weeks to convince her to go to the hospital (she's very stubborn). Three more weeks, a transfer to the hospital in Calgary, several xrays, a CAT scan, a spinal tap and a nerve biopsy later, and the doctors have no idea what the problem is.

I find myself taking all this especially hard because she and I did nothing but fight up until my wedding last summer. We did the mother-son dance, which was the most emotionally taxing moment of my life, and we agreed to start over. Now she's in the hospital, withered away to almost nothing, and it's the first time I've told her I love her since I was about 11.

In conclusion, though, she'll probably be alright, but will most likely be in a wheelchair.

"What is up with this penguin?" - Shamus Young, FtB 68

Jahaili
Red Boba Fett

Postby Jahaili » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Flaming Penguins wrote:
Jahaili wrote:

The jist of it is she fell pretty hard and lost most feeling in her legs. It took my dad about 3 weeks to convince her to go to the hospital (she's very stubborn). Three more weeks, a transfer to the hospital in Calgary, several xrays, a CAT scan, a spinal tap and a nerve biopsy later, and the doctors have no idea what the problem is.

I find myself taking all this especially hard because she and I did nothing but fight up until my wedding last summer. We did the mother-son dance, which was the most emotionally taxing moment of my life, and we agreed to start over. Now she's in the hospital, withered away to almost nothing, and it's the first time I've told her I love her since I was about 11.

In conclusion, though, she'll probably be alright, but will most likely be in a wheelchair.

I'm so sorry to hear all that. It sounds like you two have stopped fighting, so I'm glad about that, but that's a seriously not fun situation. I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on and that she'll make enough of a recovery to continue happily with life.
Need an editor? Send me a PM. I do copyediting as well as more in-depth editing of fiction and creative nonfiction.

MoonHawke
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby MoonHawke » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Decided yesterday that all text messages I send TAB from now on (or until he figures it out) will be in the third person, said person being one of my gaming characters. :lol:
Devourer of Celestia - Nightmare Derpy
Facebook - Tumblr - etsy

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Battletech Lover Letters II
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 am

I bought a Nexus 7, and the charge showed up as pending on my account. However, now it doesn't.

Yet Google says they've charged me and it's shipping.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

werefrog
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby werefrog » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 am

Bai Shen wrote:I bought a Nexus 7, and the charge showed up as pending on my account. However, now it doesn't.

If it ships and they don't charge, whose fault is that?
Heu, modo itera omnia quae mihi nunc nuper narravisti, sed nunc Anglice?

Timespike wrote:You KILLED A DRAGON with a Daze spell? You are full of awesome and win!

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 pm

werefrog wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:I bought a Nexus 7, and the charge showed up as pending on my account. However, now it doesn't.

If it ships and they don't charge, whose fault is that?

Googles.

I just want to make sure I get my tablet. I don't want them to cancel the shipment because they screwed up the payment.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

Return to “General Discussion”