Tell Me About Your Current Forum Avatar

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Tell Me About Your Current Forum Avatar

Postby tombombodil » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

keithcurtis wrote:
tombombodil wrote:Lord of the Rings is probably my favorite work of literature ever, and as poorly as the character of Tom Bombadil fits into the actual trilogy I've always liked his more whimsical aesthetic and the whole tale of Old Man Willow is fantasticall creepy and wonderful in a Grim Fairy tale sort of fashion. I've been Tombombodil ever since Tombombadil wasn't an available gmail address (so like 2005-ish), this is my favorite image if him so I use it for every account I'm tombombodil on which is basically everything.

I've always been intrigued by your variant spelling. Story?

tombombadil@gmail.com was taken, so I just changed a letter (I liked it better than tombombodil1234 or something like that) and it then that was my World of Warcraft log in name for consistency, and it just kind of stuck. Also Tombombadil is *usually* taken so it works out for that too.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 am

Miss Sally, the software pirate binome from ReBoot. She has curly blonde hair and a strong interesting voice, and she works on the most amazing-looking ship I've ever seen. I do not support software piracy, but Sally and the rest of the crew go legit and then help heroically rescue a world, and I do approve of that.

Dntspard
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Dntspard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Roronoa Zoro from One Piece (Post Time Skip), I choose it because he is one of my favorite characters and honestly...i share way too many traits with the guy (I get lost a lot but usually end up where I was supposed to be, somehow survived weird things, etc. etc.) I've had it for a while, at least a few years I think. and don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:26 pm

I am one of the booters privileged enough to have been immortalized by Noble Bear. My avatar is a snippet from the full image which shows my head shoved down into my shoulders. A tree fell on me and hit me in the head back in 2008.
I used to have the full image somewhere but I looked for it last week so I could use it to make a badge for FeartheCon, but I could not find it.
I thought about getting a post-it note and taping it to my head during the con, but decided not to.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby keithcurtis » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:33 pm

clintmemo wrote:I thought about getting a post-it note and taping it to my head during the con, but decided not to.

By Godfrey, that would sure help me if you come to Gen Con.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:33 pm

keithcurtis wrote:
clintmemo wrote:I thought about getting a post-it note and taping it to my head during the con, but decided not to.

By Godfrey, that would sure help me if you come to Gen Con.

"That guy has a post it note taped to his forehead. Who is he trying to cosplay?"
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

MrElzebub
Loves to Cuddle Afterward

Postby MrElzebub » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:47 pm

My avatar is Super Grover and I chose him because I think he is super. The Muppets are one of my great childhood nostalgia and I really like this particular image as soon as I saw it. Plus, I relate to Grover.

Previously, I had a NobleBear original for my avatar. It was a crop of the image below. I will likely switch back at some point. I have had quite a few others that were mostly nonsensical, in a makes sense kind of fashion.

I have also used the these images cropped.

Free Whatever it is that Delicious Humanoids Like! Inquire Within.

Maniah
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Maniah » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:04 am

I'm really enjoying all the avatar descriptions! I wonder about them sometimes, but I just never bother to ask. I like know, because it gives you a little more insight into a person sometimes
I was here, but now I'm gone.
I left this note to turn you on.
Those who loved me, loved me well.
Those who don't can go to hell.

Fridrik
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fridrik » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:30 am

Mine is a 20 year old picture I took in the Australian outback of a friendly face. I use it all over the internet. So if you bump into it in another forum, then that's probably me.

terrus
The Baron's Body Double

Postby terrus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:17 am

I frequented the Giant in the Playground long ago and didn't have an avatar.

One of the artists at one point offered me this one after asking a few questions.

It fits me pretty well so I've kept it ever since, even though I don't go to those forums any more.

Return to “General Discussion”