Let's see how we did... New Year's Resolutions 2018Table Top Gaming and RPGs
1. Play/Run a new RPG.+ Yeah, actually got several done including Maschine Zeit and Trollbabe.
2. Play/Run an ancient game (thinking of a microgame like WarpWar or Rivits.)+ Barbarian Prince, released in 1981
3. Create a new oracle, perhaps something Tarot based.+ Created Four Houses in Amber for the Amber Diceless RPG.
4. Participate in Game Chef 2018.-/+ Played with several ideas, but nothing struck my fancy. So, participated but did not complete.
5. Participate in Solo Gamer Appreciation Month, #SGAM2018+ Knocked that one out of the park in spades.
6. Play test someone's game.+ Play tested Lonesome West with Dan Brown
7. Create more content for Tangent Zero on DTRPG.+ Updated the look and navigation of almost every page and added links to my actual plays and stuff. Submitted NGS and FHiA to DTRPG. Updated MapGen, HexGen, and Zero Dice.
8. Create/Enhance a web toy for table top gaming.+ Added optional card rotation and a basic card list to Zero Tarot.
9. Do something crazy stupid like make a Tarot deck.- Not even close.
10. Add the major arcana of said deck to Zero Tarot.- A non-starter due to #9Game Programming / 3D Models / Paper craft:
1. Create a web based dungeon explorer.+ created a Derelict Generator, not the direction intended but I liked the results
2. Create HymenopTerra as electronic game.-/+ this gets a pass because I'm re-writing the game
3. Participate in NaGaDemon 2018.+ created It's not my Fortune!
4. Create Flick Tanks.-/+ strange tangent, helped another designer with Flick Fleets and got a laser cut game prototype for my efforts.
5. Create a new DAT Builder with overlays.- Negative on that.
6. Create 3d spaceship and mecha for Tarot project.- Didn't do a lot of 3d art this year
7. Participate in a game jam.- Just couldn't get the time and mood going for that
8. Complete Traveller project.+ Added explorer mode to MapGen
9. Create 3d deck plans.+ mainly a plus, I did create the plans but did not complete the 3d exploded view I wanted for the papercraft
10. Work on a new papercraft project.- didn't finish the 3d break down into individual printable parts
Over all, a pretty good completion rate considering all the other side projects and difficulties that I had this year.
Here's how the 2019 list is shaping up. I won seven Game Master Apprentice decks in SGAM2018. So, I challenged myself to play seven games in seven genres to 'pay back' and share with the solo gaming community.Table Top Gaming
1. NaGaDeMon 2019
2. SGAM 2019
3. Game Chef 2019
4. GMA – Basic
5. GMA – Sci-fi
6. GMA – Age of Sail
7. GMA – Fantasy (Into the Chasm)
8. GMA – Horror
9. GMA – Steampunk
10. GMA – Demon Hunters Programming and Art
1. Port Fire on the Suns Battle Engine to VB.NET
2. Art, re-write, and layout for HymenopTerra
3. Post HymenopTerra to DTRPG
4. Art and layout for INMF
5. Post It's not my Fortune! to DTRPG
6. Create custom domino deck for The Trouble with Rose
7. Finish the 3d deckplans for the NGS scout ship
8. Start the wargame project (design and engine)
9. Art for the wargame project
10. Start the d12 sci-fi challenge
Of course, that's not counting side projects like more web toys for my site. Yeah, it's crazy, but these list do help me stay focused. Otherwise, I'll just play the living daylights out of Warframe.