Oh hey, I forgot to post something here for 2017. I still had a list, of course, I love my lists.
Table Top Gaming and RPGs
1. Play/Run a new RPG (Masks, Worlds in Peril, Epyllion, OVA, and 7th Sea are contenders)Yes, but it wasn't these titles (English Eerie, Whirlwind Millionaire, Magical Fury.)
2. Play/Run an ancient game from my closet. (Looking at Pacesetter's Sandman from 1985)Turned out Sandman was as bad today as it was in '85. Did play some Ogre, an older game that held up better.
3. Repackage TTwR for DTRPG.Done!
4. Participate in Game Chef 2017.Done!
5. Participate in Solo Gamer Appreciation Month, #SGAM2017Done!
6. Play test someone's game.Done, English Eerie and Whirlwind Millionaire.
7. Create more content for Tangent Zero on DTRPG.Done and not finished. Made updates, but the Dawn of Empire expansion got stuck on the author's side.
8. Create/Enhance a web toy for table top gaming.Kind of a fail, researched the hell out of Phaser and Babylon.
9. Play a new boardgame.Actually several card games.
10. Play more bucket list games.Done and the last session ended with a bang. (multiple PCs, um, exploded)
Game Programming / 3D Models / Paper craft:
1. Create a web based dungeon explorer.Didn't get past the design stage, partially due to the big game engine hunt.
2. Participate in the Back Burner Jam in January.Got swamped in January and failed.
3. Create HymenopTerra as electronic game, platform undecided.Nope.
4. Participate in NaGaDemon 2017.Participated and made a lot of progress, but still need to finish the massive encounter table.
5. Create Flick Tanks in Unity.Dropped Unity (and Phaser (and Babylon))
6. Create Tangent Space Marines in Unity.Dropped Unity (and Phaser (and Babylon))
7. Create 3d spaceship for special project.Fail.
8. Develop art pipeline converting from old formats to FBX.Done but not needed 'cause Unity.
9. Participate in GMC #3.Didn't like the theme, did a design but it didn't go beyond that.
10. Read three Unity programming books.Done and a couple of Phaser books and a Babylon one.
11. Complete Traveller mapping project.This really expanded into a major project and is on-going.
12. Work on a new papercraft project.Fail, but did get a bunch of deckplans for when I try again.
13. Standalone Starmade server. (Got the hardware)Got the server running and it idled due to the major re-write that Schine is doing to the game.
Over all not a bad year. I did a lot more off the record so I don't feel bad about my fails. Time to work on a new list.