Happy Birthdays

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
runester
Holder of The Stabbing Screwdriver

Re: Happy Birthdays

Postby runester » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
~runester~
Join Jeb, Mikey, and I for All in the Reflexes and There's a Problem With Your Face!
[My avatar is Raphael the holy knight advanced by Fredaugis]

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Happy birthday, Nny!

Soaring through the middle atmosphere with the sun on your backs and the glint of one another's wingtips flickering at the edge of your vision, you slowly spiral down toward the lower atmosphere and the surface. It's formation flying at its best, and a very pleasant way to balance filling the duty roster and celebrating a birthday. The planet needed surveying anyway -- Especially that very regular round lake down there. It's probably a crater. There are several like it nearby. None of the others, though, have radio signals coming from them.
The radio signals are getting stronger as you get closer, too. They're interfering with your helmet coms, more's the pity; you're getting a lot of static. It's an odd sort of static, too: it comes in stacatto bursts, and seems to be interspersed with bird screams. They might be bird screams: some big birdlike creatures are soaring around you.
There are islands on the crater lake, little regular square islands. They're moving, drawing together. Suddenly

You take it from there.

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Happy birthday, Lunar and DistinctlyBenign!

It was a terse note, written in plain letters on common paper: "Good job, probably not very hazardous, practically legal, for full adventure team with strong loyalty to the kingdom. Stay after regular hours in the epee practice salon. Tell no-one else."
It's long past the usual closing time; in the distance you heard the bells ring before the closing of the city gates. There are three besides your team. Hooded, and clad in the thick quilted doublets and hose of any palace guard, you don't know who they might be. They haven't spoken all evening.
At last one lowers her blade and pulls off her fencing mask to reveal the well known features of the Queen Mother. "Good," she says. "You can keep your mouths shut. Unlike my son. I need you to kidnap him. Think of it as protective custody, just until after

You take it from there.

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Thank you. :D
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Return to “General Discussion”