It's what's for dinner tonight.

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Morgan_Lockbreaker
You Gotta Admit!

Re: It's what's for dinner tonight.

Postby Morgan_Lockbreaker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Home-made smash-style cheese burgers with grilled onions. :love:
https://twitter.com/MarshWgamer
BGG profile
BGA profile

Your Vorpal Sword uses Behead!... It's super effective!

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Made homemade pizza.

I think it tasted pretty good... but either I misunderstood the recipe or I am bad at stretching out pizza dough (or both, probably both) but when the guy said it made four pizzas I was thinking like 4 pizzeria sized pizzas? Or at least Digiorno sized. But they were like... personal sized.

Still, no one was too disappointed, we all still got to try a piece, and I know to double the recipe next time.

I was following this video:

mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:Made homemade pizza.

I think it tasted pretty good... but either I misunderstood the recipe or I am bad at stretching out pizza dough (or both, probably both) but when the guy said it made four pizzas I was thinking like 4 pizzeria sized pizzas? Or at least Digiorno sized. But they were like... personal sized.

Still, no one was too disappointed, we all still got to try a piece, and I know to double the recipe next time.

I was following this video:

If you have a cast iron pan you should try making in that. Makes it nice and crisp.

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I do have a cast iron pan, I'll try that next time, thanks. :thumbup:
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:54 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:I do have a cast iron pan, I'll try that next time, thanks. :thumbup:

Was planning on doing grilled pizza tomorrow. This complex is awesome BTW.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

N00b13
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby N00b13 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Did a 3 course meal for me and the GF.
French onion soup
sliced onions butter and salt in a pan cook on low for like an hour till brown and fragrant. add stock and booze of choice. reduce put in ramekin or soup crock top with french bread and Swiss cheese. put under broiler till melted
Lime pepper potatoes
halved potatoes in a pan with olive oil salt pepper and cayenne hook for 20 min at 400 then add lime juice and zest along with a cup of stock then flip. cook another 15 min flip again and a final 15 min
Sautaed green beans
blanched green beans tossed with salt black pepper butter garlic and onion power.
Chicken cordon Blu(for her)
Chicken breast trimmed and flattened the rolled up with Swiss cheese and ham before coating with honey mustard and panko breadcrumbs. baked for an hour at 400.
Chocolate lava cake.

Oh we are soo stuffed.
Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Knaight
Harbinger of the Coz

Postby Knaight » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:17 am

I've been on a laziness kick when it comes to cooking recently. Most recently this has manifested as upgrading canned chili. I got about a gallon of it a few days ago, cooked up four onions in bacon grease (very finely chopped), then added diced green chillis, cooked that whole mix a bit longer, then added the canned chili. It's been dinner for the past few days, and it's been surprisingly amazing.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 am

If you're in the mood for a themed cookbook, I HIGHLY recommend The Elder Scrolls: The Official Cookbook. I thought it would be full of jokey recipes with ingredients you can't actually find, but lemme tell ya, this cookbook is LEGIT. I made five recipes out of it this weekend and they're all well-written and very tasty.

So far, I've made Oatmeal Raisin Shortbread cookies (uses Nord Spices, a seasoning blend of cinnamon, cardamom, mace, cloves, and Grains of Paradise which I've had in my pantry for a while since one of our favorite winter cakes uses them), Redguard Rice (uses ground lamb, but I substituted ground pork because I have about 20 lbs. of it), Braised Rib Stew w/Farro (I used barley because they're interchangeable and even the recipe says so), Imperial Mushroom Sauce (uses Imperial Spices, a blend of marjoram, savory, coriander, and white pepper), and Stewed Apples with Eidar Cheese (supposed to use bleu cheese, but I can't because my wife can't have moldy cheese while she's on chemo, plus, I hate it) which also uses the Nord Spices.

The Kwama Quiche is the most prominent recipe that calls for a fantasy ingredient front and center (1 Large Kwama Egg or 4 chicken eggs). Everything else, even the Skooma* is well grounded in fairly easy to source ingredients. You'll probably need to go online for Grains of Paradise, though. There are recipes for the various meads you encountered in Skyrim, starting with a basic mead recipe (which requires 1-2 weeks or more due to fermentation).

I'll probably never get to do the Horker Loaf (it's a beef & oyster meatloaf because walrus is too hard, if not impossible to source) because my wife hates oysters in all forms. There is a chicken dumpling I'm going to try soon (not chicken and dumpling, but an hand-eaten dough-wrapped chicken pot pie, basically), as well another hand pie (with ground beef). Yes, there are sweet rolls and Bosmer Bites (a dried fruit and nut ball on a skewer) and Snowberry Crostatas (cranberry). I cannot speak highly enough about this cookbook. It's one of the most well-written cookbooks I own and all of the recipes just look fantastic.

* Since Skooma is a potent, illegal drug in-game, here it is basically an apricot-infused vodka.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

sterling
Spambot?

Postby sterling » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm

I make a thing I call a Pizzadilla as a snack or two for a meal such as last night (with a brew natch). This requires a George foreman grill or pannini press.
Take a large flour tortilla (burrito size) and cover half with shredded cheese.
cover cheese with peperoni
add a few dashes of hot sauce
drizzle on about a tablespoon of generic pasta sauce
cover the resulting messy half in more cheese
fold over and place grill for up to two mins
slice into four
share and enjoy

p.s. You can also do this as a chicken wing thing by using shredded chicken instead of peperoni and blue cheese dressing instead of pasta sauce.

samwoodblack
Spambot?

Postby samwoodblack » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 am

I made some pasta with meatballs and an apple pie for dinner.
Today want have English Breakfast.
WoW member. Blogger. Check my update about action camera.

Return to “General Discussion”