Bittersweet things go here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: Bittersweet things go here

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Ikoma wrote:Dropped oldest daughter off at college yesterday. The very definition of bitter and sweet.

It gets easier each time. By the last one you will be ready to enjoy the empty nest. It's like being young again, but with money. :D
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 pm

I was finally able to find an acceptable blue car, albeit with gray interior. It's not a cool blue, as those always seem to be reserved for the models I'm not looking at.

Now I just have to wait for them to transfer it from another dealer since they didn't have it in stock. The other good news is that it should be here before I have to return the rental.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:44 am

Bai Shen wrote:I was finally able to find an acceptable blue car, albeit with gray interior. It's not a cool blue, as those always seem to be reserved for the models I'm not looking at.

Now I just have to wait for them to transfer it from another dealer since they didn't have it in stock. The other good news is that it should be here before I have to return the rental.

What kind of car did you end up buying?
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:18 pm

clintmemo wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:I was finally able to find an acceptable blue car, albeit with gray interior. It's not a cool blue, as those always seem to be reserved for the models I'm not looking at.

CRV. Pretty much for Low Speed Follow. It will hopefully make my commute much more bearable.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Bai Shen wrote:
clintmemo wrote:

CRV. Pretty much for Low Speed Follow. It will hopefully make my commute much more bearable.

The most reliable car I ever owned was a 2002 crv. My brother in law is still driving it. I think it has about 230k miles on it now.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:38 pm

clintmemo wrote:The most reliable car I ever owned was a 2002 crv. My brother in law is still driving it. I think it has about 230k miles on it now.

My truck was closing in on 300k when I sold it. Last time I checked it was still going.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

anthroslug
NZB Leftenant

Postby anthroslug » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Had a great time on the coast, but time in the better weather and greater access to open wilderness areas (you could easily walk to multiple hiking trails from every part of town, as opposed to where I live now, where it’s a 20 minute drive to get to one rather short trail, and an hour-plus drive to get to others, and I’m surrounded on all sides by urban sprawl).

Served as a reminder of what I gave up by moving here.
I'm like a boring, perpetually annoyed Indiana Jones - http://www.anthroslug.blogspot.com

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:25 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Kid has moved to a high-backed booster. No more five point harness.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 am

NASA has officially declared the Opportunity Rover dead. They made their last attempt to contact it last night, and received no response. We sent it up there for a 90 day mission, and it lasted 15 years.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Return to “General Discussion”