Bittersweet things go here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
JediSoth
I am the story stick

Re: Bittersweet things go here

Postby JediSoth » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 am

I finished up my part of our last catalog this morning. The only duties I have left in this particular position is compile PDFs of the catalogs we've recently sent to the printer (which I wait to do until it is requested of me, in case there are corrections while it's on press... plus it's something we're doing for them free of charge, so I don't bust my ass to get it done ahead of time).

I still don't know what role I'll be transitioning in to. Our VP of Publishing wants to have a meeting with me and the magazine's Managing Editor, but everyone's travel schedules (except mine, because I don't travel for work) has prevented that so far. I think part of my new job is going to be someone to be IN the office to fill the holes left by frequent travel. Certainly, I hope that after nearly twenty years, I won't be moving from manager of a department to working under a relatively new employee (but as long as my pay doesn't change, I won't really care THAT much).

I suspect much of my new job will be admin work, along with editing fluff features, like the New Products section. Fine by me... though it'll make me rethink my glasses/contact situation, since I now need to couple readers with my contacts (NOOOO... I'M NOT THAT OLD!!!!!1!!).
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Just put in the orders for parts for my new desktop.

They didn't cost this much last time I built one.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

clintmemo
Paid to GM

Postby clintmemo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:31 am

Dropped MMJ off for his last year of college (University) yesterday.
2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

Return to “General Discussion”